Jerry Atkin in ASA ATL crew lounge....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReportCanoa said:
Yeah, like talking with him might change something...

This is an issue about communication. Talking does very little to communicate the pilots frustration and disatisfaction. To communicate effectively to JA the pilots need to directly effect JA's finances. Basically hit him where it counts. His wallet.

25% of the pilots go on leave for whatever reason. Medical, personal whatever.

Write up everything and anything possible on the a/c.

Fly by the book.

If the above happened I guarantee you he would get the message.

$50 he's been perusing the flightinfo boards to prepare...

Mookie

Last edited:
Someone please ask him "How big is that hub in St George?" when he responds to closing the ASA GO and the need to keep management "where the rubber meets the road".

I don't think Jerry reads these boards. He's got Scott Hall and Bryan La Liar doing it for him.

So, for Scott and Bryan, I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT LOWERS MY PAY, OR ANYONE ELSES, and I could give a crap about potiential growth! Comprende Amigo?

BTW, your proposal is an insult.

Pup out- time to go give airplane rides.

A few things:

1) Q: How will I know if JA's lying?
A: His mouth is open.

2) He's not coming to "C" for any reason other than for tactical management kool-aid dispensing. Believe me, he ain't there to "comfort" us, nor to "keep us honestly informed", nor for any reason other than to manipulate our thinking for his own needs.

3) He's so slick, not even a freckle can stick to his face. So don't think you're gonna outsmart or trip up JA. He's a pro. He didn't get to where he is by any other means except by being shrewd.

4) He ain't just casually showing up to chat. He's been briefed, prompted, rehearsed, and scripted. It's just a live version of all the other BS we get in print.

5) You'll probably end up liking the guy, trusting him, and feeling disdain for other pilots. Bingo.....it worked!

I wish no one would give him the time of day! The only people in there asking him anything should be the MEC. That would send a plain as day msg to him we don't care about his BS or anyone elses from mgmnt. Sadly though there will be a swarm of pilots eager to meet and listen to his rhetoric. Oh well when will we learn............

I'm going to stick up for Jerry! He is not like the other management types you are use to. He is a first class guy. But he is a straight shooter, and will tell you just how it is, NO FLUFF.. With that you may like what he has to say... But he is a great guy... SO DON'T STEREO TYPE HIM.

Since we all know what he is going to say and that you won't get anything else of substance out of him, I think the best thing you could do is put him in the sweat box and let him know how unhappy the natives are. Pack that crew room with 200 pissed off pilots, back him into the corner with no escape routes, and let the relentless grilling begin.

Jerry has been the President for SW since he was 24 years old - Most of you aren't even Capts. at 24 and you think you are going to give Jerry a hard time? He stole your company for $0.10 on the dollar from DAL - HE is the one calling the shots. Good luck to all ASA crews, I hope the word staple doesn't happen! But please don't cut your throats to spite your face!

Baja.

amcnd said:
I'm going to stick up for Jerry! He is not like the other management types you are use to. He is a first class guy. But he is a straight shooter, and will tell you just how it is, NO FLUFF.. With that you may like what he has to say... But he is a great guy... SO DON'T STEREO TYPE HIM.

Didn't the Chicago Express folks say the same thing about SH? I could be there, but I'll walk out when he walks in as MY MEC TALKS FOR ME!

Hoser

SINCA - our MEC may be there but they aren't smart enough to ask any questions. Bob goes silent when Scott Hall is there, he gets his ass ripped anytime someone is there who can respond to his bull. Our MEC and negotiating comittee where there as a group a month or two ago when Scott and Charlie came in. They made Bob look like a fool. FerUZI was blabbering like a rabbid gecko.

Notice the nice big raises that our MEC gets in the new agreement. MEC president gets paid more than our IPs do - with our current contract. Well done boys. Make sure my dues pay for that nice dinner in DC.

Puppy - you could care less about growth, very smart. Name an airline that stopped growing that survived. Genious. Keep flying airplanes.

Our MEC has spent 2/3 of the 35 page section 13 to protect reserve pilots from ever having to work. Guess what - line holders get screwed. Protect the friggin line holders - not the reserves. Oh - blame management for section 13 being alomost 40 pages.

Latest resources

Back