JBLU works to fend off IAM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
The employees will decide if there will be a union. That is the good thing about unions: employees have a choice. A Vote. And a say in what is going on. .

I thought that was what just happened? You use the words "will decide" like it is still happening. They decided and voted by not casting ballots to even have a union on property.

Employee said," No union".

Union said," Oh-ya baby, they still really want us, they just don't know it".

Maybe the employees' should use the old "it's not you...it's me, I'm just not ready...um, I'll call YOU when I'm ready."

I've used it and had it used on me, pretty effective. :)

Sailpilot said:
I thought that was what just happened? You use the words "will decide" like it is still happening. They decided and voted by not casting ballots to even have a union on property.

Employee said," No union".

Union said," Oh-ya baby, they still really want us, they just don't know it".

Maybe the employees' should use the old "it's not you...it's me, I'm just not ready...um, I'll call YOU when I'm ready."

I've used it and had it used on me, pretty effective. :)

I was speaking in general terms... but for the IAM drive at jB.. sure. The employees made thier choice. The IAM has right to try again.. 12 month waiting period... The employees can say no again.... Sounds good. I am not advocating unionism at JB. Just discussing thought processses....

Anyone want to discuss how the IAM has corrupted SWA?

Is it the IAM that gets in fistfights with other unions or is that AMFA? I can't remember.

Bavarian Chef said:
Is it the IAM that gets in fistfights with other unions or is that AMFA? I can't remember.

At SWA..neither. SWA management creates a partner relationship with thier unions... And 30+ years of profitability shows the rest of the industry how to do it right....

Now, the teamsters on the other hand..... :beer:

Rez O. Lewshun said:
At SWA..neither. SWA management creates a partner relationship with thier unions... And 30+ years of profitability shows the rest of the industry how to do it right....

Now, the teamsters on the other hand..... :beer:

Now if Spirit had joined forces with UPS and the Teamsters, maybe they would have found Hoffa.

Blue Dude said:
What, you're taking the IAM's word for it? They are engaging in a semantic argument, not a factual one. Of course there's vacation and sick leave. It's called Paid Time Off and everyone starts accruing it from day one.

MOst airlines have sick leave accrual of approx. 7-8 hours /mo in addition to vacation time. PTO is 21 days per year that covers both sick and vacation time.
So the deal at JBU is bad for you can either go on vacation or call in sick (3 times per year) but not both. If you run out of PTO they will dock your pay.

roadrunnerblue said:
MOst airlines have sick leave accrual of approx. 7-8 hours /mo in addition to vacation time. PTO is 21 days per year that covers both sick and vacation time.
So the deal at JBU is bad for you can either go on vacation or call in sick (3 times per year) but not both. If you run out of PTO they will dock your pay.

Negative. You are allowed to go negative on your PTO balance.

roadrunnerblue said:

21 days? I get about 108 hours of PTO a year. If you fly 85 hours a month, that's 5-6 weeks to use anyway you wish.

Latest resources

Back