JBLU looking to cut costs, raise revenue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I read a majority of retarded responses

I realize that what I just read is smart business and that is the team I want to be on. Maybe if the legacies had the wherewithall about 6 years ago to do the same you non b6 pilots wouldnt have to take shots at others other in such a venue..

Just my opinion and my "contribution" when i get called for the jan class..

Raise Revenue

I must have been out to lunch these past few years. These are the price leader guys, right? It's simple, raise fares. Everyone will follow suit.

If you are the low cost guy and you can't make money and your load factors are high then raise the friggin fares.

An additional $20 a segment won't bankrupt John Q. Public, and it will go a long way to helping your bottom line without taking it out on your employees who are underpaid as it is especially with no bonus comming out this year.

Just my $.02

I don't think so, but.....

Flying Freddie said:
Wow. I better go update my resume. The sky is falling!:uzi:

.....the irony of your Avatar cracks me up!!!

I think fares were raised a while back.

The result was that load factors dropped while customers went to other, low fare carriers.

The problem is that there is just too much competition out there.

And the problem was around long before us pilots took these jobs....

It is just a reality of the moment, don't blame the pilots (cause I can already see the flame coming).

Good luck to all....

Vingus said:
I think fares were raised a while back.

The result was that load factors dropped while customers went to other, low fare carriers.

The problem is that there is just too much competition out there.

And the problem was around long before us pilots took these jobs....

It is just a reality of the moment, don't blame the pilots (cause I can already see the flame coming).

Good luck to all....

I think you are being a little too abrasive.

jetBlue would be stupid if they were not looking at ways to save $$. I would be worried if they were not doing anything.

FlyB6 said:
jetBlue would be stupid if they were not looking at ways to save $$. I would be worried if they were not doing anything.

I don't belive the sky is falling on B6, but you also have to belive that when they come to the pilots for a (pick a number) maybe 10% across the board paycut.

There won't be a bad thing said by any of you who fly for B6 in here, each and every one of you needs to take it standing up, with no squealing?

Latest resources

Back