• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU looking to cut costs, raise revenue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There has been no talk about any paycuts here. Actually, we are due a pay raise! JetBlue was already aware the compnay was going to post a loss for the year due to fuel, new aircraft, and expansion. It's all just normal business baby!

FlyB6 said:
There has been no talk about any paycuts here. Actually, we are due a pay raise! JetBlue was already aware the compnay was going to post a loss for the year due to fuel, new aircraft, and expansion. It's all just normal business baby!

Thats great! Thats fine!

Just bookmark this converstation, so we can reference it at a future date.

COpilot said:
Thats great! Thats fine!

Just bookmark this converstation, so we can reference it at a future date.

Actually this whole predictable thread is based on the headline that some nutroll analyst wrote. If you read Owen's remarks there is nothing in there other than the usual CFO talk about watching costs. I don't see any implicit, or explicit signal that they are coming for pay reductions. If you all feel better thinking that thye are coming after our pay then knock yourselves out. It certainly wouldn't bode well any of us.

clickclickboom said:
I realize that what I just read is smart business and that is the team I want to be on. Maybe if the legacies had the wherewithall about 6 years ago to do the same you non b6 pilots wouldnt have to take shots at others other in such a venue..

Lately it seems that smart business usually involves cutting labor. We had cost cutting (non labor) smart business at CAL for years before they came to us. What Legacy pilots might see in this news is perhaps the end of one of the reasons why we were told we had to take the cuts. Not the end of B6 but maybe a little pressure to raise fares to increase revenue. All we hear from mgt. is about high fuel costs and low ticket yield because of LCCs. If B6 can't make money charging $99 to get to FLL from JFK that is a good thing. If we can all get the yields up then we can all start talking about raises. Right now the attitude seems to be how cheaply can we do this (labor included) and not go out of business before the next guy. It costs $45 to take a cab from NYC to JFK and sometimes $34 more than that to go to Florida. That is not good for pilots anywhere. If Branson comes in and starts charging $10 for a transcon you'd be happy if he couldn't make a profit. A little bad news for B6 may help keep my pay from going down to what they make and in the long run help prove (along with SWA) that labor's not the problem and cutting labor is not the answer.

B6 pilots take a pay cut every year.

The compensation in the employment agreement doesn't cover cost of living increases.

Skank said:
Actually this whole predictable thread is based on the headline that some nutroll analyst wrote. If you read Owen's remarks there is nothing in there other than the usual CFO talk about watching costs. I don't see any implicit, or explicit signal that they are coming for pay reductions. If you all feel better thinking that thye are coming after our pay then knock yourselves out. It certainly wouldn't bode well any of us.

Probably best not to lose much sleep over something you have no control over. It's not like you can say "no" if they do come to you for some cuts. If they want your $$, they'll take it.

Skank said:

You're right. I used to hear all the time from the AA, UAL, DAL etc. that we at CAL were dragging their negotiations down by getting paid too little. To an extent they were right and we tried to do what we could to help even it out. When we were in negotiations for our current contract our mgt would point out everyone who got paid less than us and say "in order to compete blah blah blah.....and your still making more than so and so".

No one should feel better thinking B6 might get a pay cut. The next time you negotiate the bar may be even lower.

Hmm, need to raise revenues they say? How about charging a fare from JFK to BOS that is more then Greyhound? The only thing cheaper then those 190 intro fares is the crooked Chinese Mafia run bus company that picks you up on the streets of Chinatown.

nimtz said:
Hmm, need to raise revenues they say? How about charging a fare from JFK to BOS that is more then Greyhound? The only thing cheaper then those 190 intro fares is the crooked Chinese Mafia run bus company that picks you up on the streets of Chinatown.

They will raise them..hence the term "intro"

Latest resources

Back