• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB vs FedEx, Redoux

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not true about not being to bid and fly daytime for years. Should be able to get some good daytime lines in the 727 at 50% S/O within 2 years, probably able to hold B reserve prior to that. I held B reserve (daytime callout) in the back of the 10 in just under 1 year. It is all a matter of how soon you want to upgrade. Chase the dollars and sacrafice quality of life.

If you make it up to ANC on the 11, looks like 2 years, you will fly almost all international, which is a lot of daytime flying. Sometimes I am not sure what is worse though, huge timezone shifts or night hub turns. I an usually dead for a day after returning from a week long trip to Asia.

I do agree that it is not right to look at the guys and gals with the scarlet F. Probably a good bunch of pilots being omitted. Not sure why they can still take your $50 with a straight face.

I would put my money on FedEx or UPS over any other carrier in the long term, just not the same business model. Yes they are airlines, but you could argue that you are compareing apples and oranges. If any othe carrier had our safety record, they would have been gone a long time ago. Hopefully we can fix ours, but bottom line is the boxes do not care and to a great extent neither does the public. Ever hear of someone deciding not to send a package with FedEx because we crashed an airplane in TLH last year.

Sleepyhead said:
Well first,, I know who English is and "the guy" and I will talk for free bananas.
I formally introduced myself to TonyC in an email earlier today. We have LOTS in common.

He didn't mention if he liked bananas, though.

Sleepyhead said:
Well first,, I know who English is and "the guy" and I will talk for free bananas.
Well, if the guy has a hair on his chest he'll let me know. :) Until then, I'll just have to keep checkin' my six everywhere I go!

Seriously, though, I try to post as if my boss, my wife, my mom, or my 9th-grade daughter were reading, because they might. I don't advertise my name, but I don't pretend to be anonymous, either. I'm sure there are quite a few that know me here, but I have no idea who they are. I look forward to meeting this elusive ex-Aloha fella someday. :)

Sleepyhead said:
As for your reasoning about not hiring furloughees, I don't agree.
It's not "my" reasoning, and it doesn't really matter. It's just the way it is, like it or not. I'll continue to encourage guys to apply, though, because there's no guarantee that it'll be the policy tomorrow.

If I were in a position to hire, I'd be happy to hire a furloughee............if he could prove that he had applied to my carrier at some time previous to his furlough. That seems fair.

I applied to United some time ago, they never called me in for an interview. If they happen to recover (and hire) and Spirit happens to furlough five years from now, I can honestly say that I wanted to be at United before I knew Spirit existed. In this hypothetical case, I can't imagine how United could possibly think that I wouldn't be a great prospective employee regardless of my furlough.

I can certainly understand that a recruiter might want to avoid hiring pilots who were "too good" for his company in years past and who now want to work for him only based upon their misfortune, but the recruiter should find a way to differentiate between those who were "too good" to apply earlier, and those who wanted to work for him but were never able to get an interview for whatever reason.

enigma

jetblue320 said:
Yo Clyde,

I may be wrong but I think Albie was just stimulating a thread and not seeking advice. He operates a Interview Prep Service (and a darn fine one from what I have read) and was probably probing for info for one of his customers as a follow up. I have never met the man, but can say from my exposure here that he is not comtemplating an airline switch, right Albie? He has loads of customers that now fly for JB and I am sure has loads more seeking his services.

But, if I am wrong and he wants to turn Blue, I am sure the door is wide open for him. But once again, I think he is true Purple and was just starting a thread for input from the gang for research probably as follow up for a client.

C yaaa
jetblue320,

I reread his post, and I think you're right. Thanks for the clarification.

- Clyde

Clyde,

I've got 3 years at FedEx and am very happy here. However--I'd probably be happy if I'd gotten hired 3 years ago by SWA or JB too...

In fact, a recent NEW HIRE here left JB. He was in the FDX pool a while, went to JB, and then had a tough call to make. My question was wondering if any other JB types had considered such a move, especially in light of latest (ie EMB 190) moves by the company.

I love FDX. I have lots of former clients who LOVE JB and SWA. Its not a "bash" question, but rather a "would you start over at company X" if you got the chance question.

Don't mean to be elusive or vague, but I dont' want to reveal this guys info in the interest of privacy of those concerned.

Cheers,

Albie

Hey Albie, what's this I heard about the Indian Air Force kicking the 3rd Wing's butt in an exercise earlier this year? Any ramifications in the Eagle community from this major loss of face?

AlbieF15 said:
Clyde,

I've got 3 years at FedEx and am very happy here. However--I'd probably be happy if I'd gotten hired 3 years ago by SWA or JB too...

In fact, a recent NEW HIRE here left JB. He was in the FDX pool a while, went to JB, and then had a tough call to make. My question was wondering if any other JB types had considered such a move, especially in light of latest (ie EMB 190) moves by the company.

I love FDX. I have lots of former clients who LOVE JB and SWA. Its not a "bash" question, but rather a "would you start over at company X" if you got the chance question.

Don't mean to be elusive or vague, but I dont' want to reveal this guys info in the interest of privacy of those concerned.

Cheers,

Albie
Albie,
No problem, I misread your question. Both companies are excellent airlines. I tend to be more partial to freight though. I hope my earlier response wasn't interpreted by anyone as insulting or bashing towards JB, for that wasn't my intent. It's a great company with a lot of good potential, and my apologies to anybody who may have been inadvertently offended.

Clyde said:
Albie,
No problem, I misread your question. Both companies are excellent airlines. I tend to be more partial to freight though. I hope my earlier response wasn't interpreted by anyone as insulting or bashing towards JB, for that wasn't my intent. It's a great company with a lot of good potential, and my apologies to anybody who may have been inadvertently offended.
Clyde,

I don't think anyone thought you were JB bashing in the least. In fact, you were quite complimentary. No one was offended at all.

C yaaaa

Latest resources

Back