• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB to retire aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm confused why everyone is so stuck on this topic. JetBlue has never said it can't fly these 320's any longer because they are too "old". It is simply speculated that if growth is slowed that maybe some of the older airbusses will be returned. NWA has proven that the Diezel9 can operate for decades. We are not disputing those facts.

Question for 32LT10.....you seem to have a lot of answers for JetBlue's management mistakes. What is UAL doing to secure their future? I'm not being antagonistic, just curious.

JETBLUE DID NOT PLAN ON AIRWAYS TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!

CD

I am on my fourth 2 year car lease.

Zero down, 15000 miles per year, covered under warranty for the full term.

Toss the dealer the keys after 24 months, pick up the new car.

Payments have decreased on every new car so far.

Maybe Jet Blue has the same deal with Airbus? Who knows.

reachpilot said:
I am on my fourth 2 year car lease.

Zero down, 15000 miles per year, covered under warranty for the full term.

Toss the dealer the keys after 24 months, pick up the new car.

Payments have decreased on every new car so far.

Maybe Jet Blue has the same deal with Airbus? Who knows.

So in other words, you just made eight years worth of car payments and your garage is now empty. Smart.

The bottom line is that belt tightening is occuring everywhere. Some on this thread actually seem overpleasured that B6 is demonstrating some of the same pressures that are on every other carrier. My bottom line is that there is actually leadership here (at B6) that I trust. If they say they have to furlough, I really believe it is not for some strategic move to win consessions, but because they have tried everything ethically NOT to furlough. I think the overpleasured crowd does not understand that what B6 is trying to do is have the company work as a team. They have built a "trust equity" in the crewmember ranks by doing right by us so far and they may have to draw from that equity now. It is a different way of thinking from the airline standard. I am not a youngster so I know things can get ugly fast, but it is great to work at a place where you actually trust the leadership, and talk with them one on one, a couple times a year. If this experiment fails, it will not be through greed or "typical CEO think" where the golden parachute is in sight--and an army of lawyers in the next room trying to $crew labor.

StopNTSing said:
So in other words, you just made eight years worth of car payments and your garage is now empty. Smart.
I would say that he made 8 years of payments and he does not own a car worth $1,700 dollars with 210,000 miles with a coat hanger holding up the exhaust, and a cat vomit stain that won't come out from that emergency trip to the vet with "Snowball II" 3 years ago. In other words, he got what he paid for the whole time--use--without the headaches involved. I drive an 85 Suburban with 200,000+ miles on it and it is only worth it when it runs.

Last edited:
T1bubba said:
We have 737-300's that have been doing many more cycles and almost as many hours per day for over 20 years. You're going to have a hard time convincing me that any 6.5 year old aircraft has a lot of time.

But you're comparing apples to escargot... ;) TC

We are not disputing those facts.
As a matter of fact one of your guys did say these airplanes were getting too old to keep flying. You might have missed his post it was on one of the previous pages and it detailed the 12 hour daily utilization and 365 days a year and low and behold these are old airplanes.

Question for 32LT10.....you seem to have a lot of answers for JetBlue's management mistakes. What is UAL doing to secure their future? I'm not being antagonistic, just curious.
I have no answers for JBLU, I only a few thoughts as to what will happen. If you care to discuss UAL please start the thread and I will chime in. In short UAL is not out of the water and I have never said we were. As for what they have done to secure the future? Retired 100+ true older airplanes built in the 60's and 70's. Renegotiated leases on the current fleet, shed pension liability and renegotiated all of the contracts with the labor groups on the property for a pay and benefits packages similar to the LCC's. That is the quick list. Like I said we can talk about this in another thread if you wish.

JETBLUE DID NOT PLAN ON AIRWAYS TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!
On this we agree. I do think that JBLU was of the mindset that the rowing was going to be much easier than it has been.

CD[/quote]

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back