• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetblue needs to fix itself operationally before it starts having wet dreams about crossing the North Atlantic in a NEO infront of new hires.

Let's not forget 10 months ago the FAA said either shut it down or we will....oh I'm sorry your Leadership called it "rest" and the media bought it.

A long way to go and for my brothers there it can't come soon enough. My jumpseat is ALWAYS open for you guys. Keep up the fight.

What are you talking about? Your unspecified negative inferences and use of words that aren't words (i.e. infront) make it hard to follow your "wet dream" commentary. What was the FAA threatening to shut down? Jetblue? A facet of their operation?

Last edited:
Don't bother, everybody's an expert and only they have the clear view; so they think.
Including me sometimes.

What are you talking about? Your unspecified negative inferences and use of words that aren't words (i.e. infront) make it hard to follow your "wet dream" commentary. What was the FAA threatening to shut down? Jetblue? A facet of their operation?

I'm pretty sure that "infront" was a typo for "in front".
He's referring to the time-out called last winter when JB once again lost operational control of the airline during one of our spectacularly FUBAR'd IROPs. Speculation at that time was that it was an ultimatum from the Feds that if JB didn't do a "reset", the Feds would. The whole operation was shutdown for about 24 hours, if I remember correctly.
I lucked out, I was only stuck in a hotel for 4 days.

I'm pretty sure that "infront" was a typo for "in front".
He's referring to the time-out called last winter when JB once again lost operational control of the airline during one of our spectacularly FUBAR'd IROPs. Speculation at that time was that it was an ultimatum from the Feds that if JB didn't do a "reset", the Feds would. The whole operation was shutdown for about 24 hours, if I remember correctly.
I lucked out, I was only stuck in a hotel for 4 days.

Okay, thanks. I had no idea what the aforementioned was referencing. Hope your 4-day stay as somewhere warm.

12/15/15 airbuses for 2015-2017. At 15 pilots per plane that's 630 more pilots for growth. I'll be a bit surprised if we hit 4000 by the end of 2017, but I hope it happens

The growth rumors certainly keeps people from jumping to the legacies as it did with the OP.

The growth rumors certainly keeps people from jumping to the legacies as it did with the OP.

It is a gamble on your future career. Either roll the dice and hope for continued growth at JetBlue, or go to a legacy and hope that retirement age never increases. They are both risky bets...

It is a gamble on your future career. Either roll the dice and hope for continued growth at JetBlue, or go to a legacy and hope that retirement age never increases. They are both risky bets...

Except that the legacies aren't hiring in massive numbers right now due to retirements. The hiring due to massive retirements doesn't start in earnest for a few more years. Hiring now is primarily due to growth and replacing regional flying.
At UAL and DL, current hiring is over 1,000/year at each airline. Age 65 Retirements are only 150/year, BUT average 600/year for the next 10 years starting in 2 years.
Besides, a retirement age increase affects everyone

A friend in a recent new hire class mentioned during indoc they said possibly using the new 321 neo with the extra fuel tank to reach places in Europe. I'm sure that's more pipe dream since they told my new hire class we would never fly to Europe maybe a year ago. Perhaps the extra pilots will be to fill additional 321 orders? Hopefully it's a widebody though.

Why should JB do it when Neeleman & Azul can do it for you?

There is absolutely no reason to believe that we will fly anywhere outside the U.S. or Caribbean regardless of what anyone says until the aircraft are on property and actually flying the routes with our crews. Simply noting how much you the tune management is singing has changed in a year, essentially a 180 degree flip in some areas. The reasons are open to interpretation, with pilot retention being one of them.

We currently fly to Central and South America as well. Mexico City was just applied for also, Just say'n. Can't argue with the facts.

Latest resources

Back