• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12/15/15 airbuses for 2015-2017. At 15 pilots per plane that's 630 more pilots for growth. I'll be a bit surprised if we hit 4000 by the end of 2017, but I hope it happens

New seat config is coming for sure. It will be announced within the next 3 weeks or at investor day on the 19th at the latest. They are going to hire 900 new FAs to accommodate that.

Not sure why 400-450 pilots. We are only taking 14-15 planes next year.

I guess they could move up the orders.
But yeah that seems like a lot of pilots.

12/15/15 airbuses for 2015-2017. At 15 pilots per plane that's 630 more pilots for growth. I'll be a bit surprised if we hit 4000 by the end of 2017, but I hope it happens

Keep in mind pilot hiring isn't as easy a a linear number of pilots/plane. A CBA with new work/reserve rules and staffing numbers. Mil leave, medical leave retirements, attrition, growth, multiple fleet types, training events. It all has an affect. The flat number is 630. Add in all these other factors and 800-900 isnt to far off I suppose,.

Keep in mind pilot hiring isn't as easy a a linear number of pilots/plane. A CBA with new work/reserve rules and staffing numbers. Mil leave, medical leave retirements, attrition, growth, multiple fleet types, training events. It all has an affect. The flat number is 630. Add in all these other factors and 800-900 isnt to far off I suppose,.

That's fine, but if attrition or retirements make up a large proportion of that number, we won't NET anywhere near 400-450. Thus (FNG style) We may not get close to 4000 by 2017. Hope we do, but.....

We may not. That's why it's a rumor and we don't believe a single word that comes out of a CP's mouth. Who knows. However 600-900 guys junior to me in the next couple years is a good thing.

We may not. That's why it's a rumor and we don't believe a single word that comes out of a CP's mouth. Who knows. However 600-900 guys junior to me in the next couple years is a good thing.

So is two chicks at the same time. Doesn't mean it will happen. I hope you are right, just don't see any reason for it yet.

I could see 3500-3600, but I dunno about 4000.

Maybe with a widebody order?

Either way I hope it's true. That'd put me at about 50% globally.

A friend in a recent new hire class mentioned during indoc they said possibly using the new 321 neo with the extra fuel tank to reach places in Europe. I'm sure that's more pipe dream since they told my new hire class we would never fly to Europe maybe a year ago. Perhaps the extra pilots will be to fill additional 321 orders? Hopefully it's a widebody though.

When will the application window open again? It seems I don't look at my application for a couple months after updating it in August my status went to inactive. It would be nice for the window to open up again!

Jetblue needs to fix itself operationally before it starts having wet dreams about crossing the North Atlantic in a NEO infront of new hires.

Let's not forget 10 months ago the FAA said either shut it down or we will....oh I'm sorry your Leadership called it "rest" and the media bought it.

A long way to go and for my brothers there it can't come soon enough. My jumpseat is ALWAYS open for you guys. Keep up the fight.

Latest resources

Back