• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots say no to alpa/Barely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And there is nothing wrong with job actions. United's contract in 2000 was the first since 1994 at which point they accepted stock in lieu of pay raises which in 2000 left them substantially below other carriers. Again, your arguments are solely one sided.

Since you weren't there and I can't copy the entire contract it did a ton. Again, 9-11 was not any unions fault.

How much fun!

Since you weren't there and I can't copy the entire contract it did a ton. Again, 9-11 was not any unions fault.
How can we be having this much fun? The major were in trouble well before 9-11, they were canx classes, looking a stopping interviewing, and other things to reduce costs, becasue revenues weren't keeping up. With the internet, no one was paying for first class anymore. The majors lived on First class, with out first class they were not profitable.

Again, the furloughs were not any unions fault. Revenue was down due to poor planning by United and their attempts purchase Usair. First Class was only a small factor. Having spoken with Dubinsky many times the union attempted to force the company into being more efficient but in their ultimate arrogance, and not the unions, they refused to change. Again, not the unions fault.

Look we are not going to agree and truthfully I don't respect your opinion. You may have the last word.

Look we are not going to agree and truthfully I don't respect your opinion. You may have the last word.
Of course I expect no respect for my opinions. I am just what I like to think of as a union realist. There are limitations on what a union can do. To raise expectations too high leads to disappointment. This is from a former IBT and ALPA guy whose companies went out of business.

So the UAL job actions of 2000 had nothing to do with forcing the contract the was going to give give 35% pay raises?

That big contract was a bribe to smooth the way for the proposed UAL/USAir merger that was in the works. Although the job action may have been a factor.

"Bribe" is the exact term the UAL guys at the BoD used to describe it.

Latest resources

Back