Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
west coasters

Congrats to all making it to phase-II
Any of you guys West Coasters? We open the LGB base this Nov. I think we are starting off with about 34 crews but I did hear we will grow it pretty quickly to 75. Maybe some folks in training have new info on this. I've visited the set up and the new crew lounge looks pretty cool. Although parking lots are across the street rumor has it we will need to park in the satallite off airport lot 2 blocks down.
Anyway looking forward to greeting you all in JFK for your "day in the life" training and pizza party!!
Adios - Banger

Here's to hoping LGB expands quickly!!!!! I'm still in class, and there has been no word of an expansion yet beyond the original bid. It makes sense that the first batch of guys/gals would need to get settled, before any future bids out there are announced. I'm spring loaded to jump for the first LGB bid that opens up, since I live near OAK. The junior LGB F/O is just a few months senior, so hopefully it will not be too long.

Funny how OAK is the junior base at SWA, but LGB is not the junior base at JB. I suspect as word gets out about the opening of a West Coast base at JB, more and more pilots will apply. I know many pilots have not applied because they didn't want to commute all the way to JFK, now they are wishing that they had jumped sooner. However, the commute to JFK isn't going to be that bad if coming from OAK or LGB, since there are so many non-stops.

Skirt

If you move to Long Beach you better be prepared for:

1. Major traffic congestion

2. Super-expensive homes worth 1/10 the price

3. the equivalent of 2 packs of cigarrettes smoked per day inhaled into your system with the smog

4. A state controlled by a movie action star

Sounds great doesn't it? I'd stay on the East Coast.

I agree with some posters about preping your former employers about the upcoming background check but I am not sure I would worry about a company you flew for over 5 years ago. My understanding is that PRIA records can only be requested going back 5 years. Same goes for the FAA records as well. I don't believe that a company has any obligation to maintain your records over 5 years.

Good luck everyone;

Helmsmen

Latest resources

Back