• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jb fo pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To those of you who want to work THAT hard for 80-100K, PRE TAXES. WOW. That's sad. Well, not to your shareholders. Maybe I need to buy Jetblue stock if that is the culture there. Your management knows what they are doing if they've got you convinced that is adequate compensation for enduring that kind of life destruction.

To those of you who want to work THAT hard for 80-100K, PRE TAXES. WOW. That's sad. Well, not to your shareholders. Maybe I need to buy Jetblue stock if that is the culture there. Your management knows what they are doing if they've got you convinced that is adequate compensation for enduring that kind of life destruction.

You do realize that they were talking about 2nd year pay right? Don't get me wrong, the pay and retirement need significant improvement, but I doubt that many airlines besides SW pay their pilots 80-100k 2nd year without working hard.

You do realize that they were talking about 2nd year pay right? Don't get me wrong, the pay and retirement need significant improvement, but I doubt that many airlines besides SW pay their pilots 80-100k 2nd year without working hard.

You guys are killing me...

On RSV 2nd year pay 75hr months 12 months gets you:

$62,100bus $55,800E90

3 more hrs gets you to premium pay.

It comes out to getting 33.5hrs credit above 75 on the bus and 40.5hrs credit above 75 on the 190 to get to 100k/year. No this does not include perdiem because perdiem is not PAY.

SO,you will have to credit 108.5bus hrs of credit a month or 115.5E90 hrs of credit. Sure you'll do it... and kill yourself trying. Reallity says there's no friggin way dude. The stories you've heard are of a jetblue when by year two guys were either very senoir bus fo's or upgrading in one way or another in 11-24mo. This world no longer exists.

Someone please prove me wrong! I'd love to see your schedule for the year.

Last edited:
You guys are killing me...

On RSV 2nd year pay 75hr months 12 months gets you:

$62,100bus $55,800E90

3 more hrs gets you to premium pay.

It comes out to getting 33.5hrs credit above 75 on the bus and 40.5hrs credit above 75 on the 190 to get to 100k/year. No this does not include perdiem because perdiem is not PAY.

SO,you will have to credit 108.5bus hrs of credit a month or 115.5E90 hrs of credit. Sure you'll do it... and kill yourself trying. Reallity says there's no friggin way dude. The stories you've heard are of a jetblue when by year two guys were either very senoir bus fo's or upgrading in one way or another in 11-24mo. This world no longer exists.

Someone please prove me wrong! I'd love to see your schedule for the year.

No proof required, I agree with you. Not really possible. Not really possible at most other airlines either, other than Fedex and SW.

Dang, my third year as FO at Allegiant I would have made about $106,000, but then I got called for upgrade and make even more. JetBlue's FO's are making less than that with a much longer upgrade and they still voted no for the union? Why would any mainline pilot ever vote down a union if you aren't even making six figures? There are way too many cowards in this business now days.

Last edited:
Dang, my third year as FO at Allegiant I would have made about $106,000, but then I got called for upgrade and make even more. JetBlue's FO's are making less than that with a much longer upgrade and they still voted no for the union? Why would any mainline pilot ever vote down a union if you aren't even making six figures? There are way too many cowards in this business now days.

Compare pay rates, work rules, min days off, premium pay rates, premium pay rate trigger and night override pay between JetBlue and Allegiant... Not even close. No way you can earn more for equal work and days off. While I agree a CBA is preferred, cowardice is not the reason we don't have one, but instead a difference in the way the two sides view the market, the company and ALPA'S history. Like most disagreements, both sides have valid arguments and concerns.

Pay attention!! RTFQ

We are talking about 2nd year pay. Plus when you got hired obviously things were moving at allegiant. Things were that way to at blue once.Guys were upgrading in 14-24 months here as well. You stand a much better chance at 100k third year, esspecially now that the hiring is moving along.

Your point of the union makes no sense in this conversation. Stop making me defend the no voters...

Think how much more you could make with JetBlue work rules.

One of my classmates last Fall was coming from Allegiant and was soon to upgrade as well. Perhaps he had a different view??

Let's be clear on a fact you eluded to mention. Allegiant pilots refused to even vote for ALPA because management offered pay raises. You are in a much worse situation than we are.

As for the cowards in this business I believe we have our fair share.

Latest resources

Back