• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB files with NMB for representation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[QUOTEAdd to that I'm senior and get to bid 7 weeks before you bid any....[/QUOTE]

So the question is are you willing to give up a couple of your 7 summer weeks so the rest of us can have a chance at them?

This is why I want a CBA so we all can share the wealth so to say.

[QUOTEAdd to that I'm senior and get to bid 7 weeks before you bid any....

So the question is are you willing to give up a couple of your 7 summer weeks so the rest of us can have a chance at them?

This is why I want a CBA so we all can share the wealth so to say.[/QUOTE]

The issue is distribution then allocation then PTV then bidding.

Bidding is a issue but it is a minor issue compare to the overall short fall.

Borton line we are about 70% slots short in summer and holiday months based upon the longevity of the JetBlue pilot group compared to our peers.

For instance

[QUOTEAdd to that I'm senior and get to bid 7 weeks before you bid any....

This is why I want a CBA so we all can share the wealth so to say.[/QUOTE]

Under the current system no. If my seniority holds it we are stuck in the system available. But lucky for you guys I don't bid for vacation.

Your totally missing the point. It's not the fact that I'm senior enough to get the tidbits that are available and others are to junior. It's the fact that there's only tidbits.

Let's take mco on the 190 for example. There is only one slot per week allocated. I could literally wipe out the whole summer. Myself. It's not right and needs to be addressed. One of the many fixes the DR should have so nimbly been able to correct.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. Bidding DOES matter. And, in addition to improving our allocation or vacation slots, I EXPECT AN INDUSTRY STANDARD BIDDING IN ROUNDS. You could double or triple the allocated premium weeks, but if you don't change our unlimited bidding, the premium weeks will be gone in the first 15% of bidders instead of the current 5% of bidders.

Bidding F*((^^^%% matters, that is why the rest of the industry doesn't do it like we do. Total windfall for the senior right now, and must be fixed along with allocation.

Bidding does not matter in the sense that the fix is free to the company

Allocation and distribution is not free. That fix will cost 200 more pilots.

That is why the company only wanted to fix bidding.

Of course bidding needs to be fixed but without allocation and distribution the company wins again and is why the company will blame the PVC for not "fixing vacation".

Thier fix is to bidding only.

Last edited:
Bidding does not matter in the sense that the fix is free to the company

Allocation and distribution is not free. That fix will cost 200 more pilots.

That is why the company only wanted to fix bidding.

Of course bidding needs to be fixed but without allocation and distribution the company wins again and is why the company will blame the PVC for not "fixing vacation".

Thier fix is to bidding only.

Ok, so if your ONLY criteria for something to "matter" is if it inflicts pain on the company, then fine. If your criteria is improving the lives of a majority of pilots here at JB (you are senior, so this is NOT your priority), then you need ALL THREE LEGS OF THE STOOL. You need allocation, distribution, AND BIDDING.

Cost money, doesn't cost money... I care about fixing all three legs of the stool, and fixing this ponzi scheme of a bidding system that is a windfall for the top at the expense of everyone else.

Dude get a grip.

We get a 1/4 of the vacation of our peers. Without fixing allocation and distribution the bottom 85% will see no change by changing bidding to 2 weeks per bid.

It's math not emotion.

Grow up. The company wants the zero cost solution. Give it to them and they will stop talking about vacation fixes because they just fixed it.

My definition of fixed is all 4 legs of the stoll. Fixed for everyone.

Last edited:
Yes, vacation bidding needs to be fixed, but that won't fix the problem. The company would be more than happy to (eventually) fix vacation bidding (spread the "wealth" around) and walk away from the real issue, which is unreasonably low allocation and wildly unrealistic distribution. Fixing bidding without anything else would have the effect of having vacation work for the top 5% to having it work for nobody. And I'm OK with with that, but not if that's where the process stops, which seems all too likely if we keep our half-a$$ed DR.

Dude get a grip.

We get a 1/4 of the vacation of our peers. Without fixing allocation and distribution the bottom 85% will see no change by changing bidding to 2 weeks per bid.

It's math not emotion.

Grow up. The company wants the zero cost solution. Give it to them and they will stop talking about vacation fixes because they just fixed it.

My definition of fixed is all 4 legs of the stoll. Fixed for everyone.

You just said NOTHING ASSSSSHOLE. Nothing. The MATH, says that bidding DOES help a LOT of pilots. YOU are senior. You only want to fix the OTHER legs of the stool. Sorry, they ALL need to be fixed. Your Ponzi scheme will be over soon.... Just like DL, UAL, AA, SW....

Yes, vacation bidding needs to be fixed, but that won't fix the problem. The company would be more than happy to (eventually) fix vacation bidding (spread the "wealth" around) and walk away from the real issue, which is unreasonably low allocation and wildly unrealistic distribution. Fixing bidding without anything else would have the effect of having vacation work for the top 5% to having it work for nobody. And I'm OK with with that, but not if that's where the process stops, which seems all too likely if we keep our half-a$$ed DR.

I said I want to fix bidding, allocation and distribution.

Latest resources

Back