• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB Candidates in phase II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me guess, you've never been ALPA before have you? I don't get the flamingo reference either...

You guessed wrong champ. ALPA at my last airline and ALPA will come to my current airline.

1.Standing in shallow water, flamingos lower their necks and tilt their heads slightly upside-down, allowing their bills to hang upside-down facing backward in the water.
2.Flamingos sweep their heads from side to side just below the surface of the water to collect their food if they have a deep-keeled mandible. If the mandible is shallow-keeled, a flamingo sweeps its head from side to side deeper into the mud to collect its food.
3.A flamingo filters its food out of the water and mud with a spiny, piston-like tongue that aids in sucking food-filled water past the lamellae inside the curved bill. The fringed lamellae filter out food, and the water is passed back out of the bill.

You guessed wrong champ. ALPA at my last airline and ALPA will come to my current airline.

1.Standing in shallow water, flamingos lower their necks and tilt their heads slightly upside-down, allowing their bills to hang upside-down facing backward in the water.
2.Flamingos sweep their heads from side to side just below the surface of the water to collect their food if they have a deep-keeled mandible. If the mandible is shallow-keeled, a flamingo sweeps its head from side to side deeper into the mud to collect its food.
3.A flamingo filters its food out of the water and mud with a spiny, piston-like tongue that aids in sucking food-filled water past the lamellae inside the curved bill. The fringed lamellae filter out food, and the water is passed back out of the bill.

Uhh, yeah. You have some serious problems. Good luck with your ALPA thing Uncle Fester..

Some want to go into the rain with whatever they're wearing, hopes and dreams of the sun that may not come out... Some of us would like to buy the raincoat. I still hope the sun comes out, but I'd rather be prepared for the storm. Just business.

Don't turn this into a pro/anti organizing thread please.

New guys! 42 in class on the 8th. Big class.

man, that is a big class...I had 30 in mine back in '07.

Some want to go into the rain with whatever they're wearing, hopes and dreams of the sun that may not come out... Some of us would like to buy the raincoat. I still hope the sun comes out, but I'd rather be prepared for the storm. Just business.

Don't turn this into a pro/anti organizing thread please.

New guys! 42 in class on the 8th. Big class.

That's what I meant by my original post. Every thread turns into an ALPA push and It's turning into Bluepilots on this board too. I don't care if you want it or not, but it's the same turds every time using any thread as a political springboard. It just gets old..

I never said whether I was pro or anti union, but I got compared to a flamingo? I may want ALPA or not, but I wouldn't hijack every thread to tell everyone how I feel. JetBlue is a good place to work, and hopefully now that some of the airlines will start hiring, some of these guys that stress thier minds out about working for a company that doesn't fit for them, can leave..

This thread was started for the potential new hires to talk to each other about hiring. Now what is it?

Sorry for being ignorant, but you folks still signing 5 year individual contracts?

And being non-union, what's to stop management from giving you the middle finger, a Yuck Fou, and not renew you?

P.S. I'd still work at JetBlue if given the chance, in a heartbeat. I was just curious about the 5 year contract thing.

Latest resources

Back