• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jB assesment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During my new hire indoc at JB, the chief pilot told us he himself would not have made the competitive mins if he was applying today; just too many experienced pilots on the street right now. Fortunately for us we didn't have to contend with the new online app with all the new features. As a line pilot we're sort of out of the loop as far as the latest gouge on the logistics of applying. Sounds frustrating and I'm sure the system has holes. In my new hire class of 10, 5 had previous A320 time. Had 3 furloughed US Air, 3 UAL and 1 AA guys. Also had 1 cargo guy, 1 corporate and 1 charter. As I recall I think the average TT was over 7000 with 2000 PIC.
Hope the new online app gets some improvement so we don't weed out the good applicants such as Airbus Jas.

Before we get hit by the "Blue Crew", I will say that JB's process is starting to rank up there with UAL's in the '90's. Sitting around with major airline PIC time and over 10,000 hours watching my former FO's getting hired... :rolleyes:

Then, two years later, I get the call. :rolleyes:

I wish them all the luck because I do know so many people there. But they need to pick an application program and stick with it.TC

Latest resources

Back