• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
JetBlue looks at options for international flights
JetBlue doesn’t plan to be flying overseas anytime soon, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the New York-based discounter won’t be able to offer you an international flight. "We are actually in the very early stages of figuring out a way for customers to [fly] with any international airline that wants to partner with us," spokeswoman Jenny Dervin tells the Richmond Times-Dispatch. The paper writes that Dervin’s “comments appeared to be the first remarks about JetBlue's partnering plans since late January, when the airline's top executive commented on the topic.” CEO David Neeleman said then that JetBlue “could have something by the end of 2006." Could JetBlue be trying to speed up that timetable given Delta’s recent announcement that it would create a large international hub at JFK by September? "That's definitely a date on the calendar that's interesting to us," Dervin says.
As for any possible deal, JetBlue’s Dervin said that any possible alliance would likely operate different than the typical code-share deals many U.S. airlines have with international partners, where they place their flight numbers and sell seats on each other's flights. Airline expert Darryl Jenkins seemed to agree that was the most likely scenario, saying: “The term in use is 'marketing alliance.' You do things to increase traffic but not increase cost." He adds that JetBlue is "the 800-pound gorilla" at JFK, so "anything they do beyond that on international flights is really gravy to them." What potential partners could be in the mix? Jenkins mentioned Virgin Atlantic, MAXjet and Air India.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/

Last edited:
I thought the blew was best served solo. Seems that they have too many airplanes and not enough places to fly them profitably.

When do the furloughs start? Still going to hire 600 this year? I am so blue at the thoughts of blew going bye bye.

nice try LT...you wont be engaging nearly as many b6 pilots anymore...they have their own forum...most have scattered from here!

Sounds more like another case of "thinking outside the box" that upsets the small minds that didn't reapply after 6 months.

wndshr said:
nice try LT...you wont be engaging nearly as many b6 pilots anymore...they have their own forum...most have scattered from here!

Scattered like cock roaches I would say. Watching the air blow out of the blew sails is downright enjoyable. Perhaps they can all get jobs with Virgin Red. Or the fact that they shut the doors will not mean anything. Those pilots will be absorb back into the system. At least that is the argument made by the blow hards about my company. So pardon me if I enjoy a bit of squirming in the smurfville.

Fins Up said:
Real nice jackass.

Didn't see too many of you guys calling the blew boys names when the rest of the industry was going through troubles. You had all the blew genius youth here telling everyone that blew would rule the world. Just nice to see some reality scattered on those airbags.

32LT10 said:
Scattered like cock roaches I would say. Watching the air blow out of the blew sails is downright enjoyable. Perhaps they can all get jobs with Virgin Red. Or the fact that they shut the doors will not mean anything. Those pilots will be absorb back into the system. At least that is the argument made by the blow hards about my company. So pardon me if I enjoy a bit of squirming in the smurfville.

WTF? Grow up.

class act.

32LT10 said:
I thought the blew was best served solo. Seems that they have too many airplanes and not enough places to fly them profitably.

When do the furloughs start? Still going to hire 600 this year? I am so blue at the thoughts of blew going bye bye.

No, just 530 as originally projected. And don't worry, you can reapply in 6 months, not 12 like you originally thought. That will save you 265 numbers.

While you're waiting, don't you have a scope clause you could be loosening or something?

Latest resources

Back