• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB 190 Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is that Bob Neal (recall coordinator at United) will soon be getting a bunch of calls from UAL furloughees currently at JB.

Merry effing Christmas!

With bluelove,

David and Dave

He'll be getting a call from me tomorrow!!! (Senior 190 Ca)

What did they do with the 401K match? The rumors were that it would go all the way up to 5%.

On a side note, I agree with those saying don't calculate premium pay for compensation. What other jobs give you a salary number based on potential overtime?? You also cannot use any amount over your min guarantee to state income on loan applications. You have to use past averages if you want to use the premium pay because banks consider that you will not actually earn it in the future. If a professioal money manager figures it is risky that you will earn it, so should you. Run your budget on min guarantee and if you get extra, save it. If they figure the blended rate is 83 hours, then they should pay a 1st year 320 FO 54.95 per hour (the blended rate for 83 hours based on 50.96) and not pay premium pay. Just pay us 54.95 per hour for all hours we fly.

Last edited:
In otherwords what BLUE BAYOU is saying is that he has already got his. No need to worry most everyone is aware of this Jacka$$ from MCO.

Some of the guys here early on actually helped build this airline. I think this guy deserves having a great strike price for his stock option since I know he turned down a line number from American to take a job here at JetBlue. Careful with your choice of words as this company is still small enough that we also know who you are buddy.

They'll always be guys here at JB who like the company and will defend management. Maybe they were here when times were good and that is why a little bump in the road is no big deal. I've worked at NWA and will never go back there. That is probably also the feeling of many USAir furloughees. Believe me, the grass is not greener. We've seen the ugly side of legacies and furloughs and empty promises. No matter how you hate it, JB management seems to act straight forward and won't make empty promises that it can't keep. Sure, we'd all like a raise in pay and benefits. Who wouldn't? However, we all remember where pay plus 1% parity gets us.

A good question asked today during the road show was how many pilots have left the company this year and how many do you think will leave next year. I believe Dave Barger pretty much side-stepped the question. So one positive outcome of pilots leaving JB is it will give the instructors at the schoolhouse in MCO some job security as JB continues to defer aircraft orders.

Last edited:
retracting my previous post. It's not worth it.....

Last edited:
As someone who has seen a lot of the Jetblue crew force along the way, my "best guess" at guys who have left this year is approx 100.

I expect that trend will only go up.

Any company that grows goes through growing pains. However, things I saw (as an outsider) that made Jetblue a unique place to have an airline career were:

A- A unique atmosphere of trust and teamwork...
B- Rapid upgrades

A combination of factors has softened "A". Blue Dude correctly pointed out he was making more 5 years ago than today...due to INFLATION. Not even adding a COLA for the A320 guys says "we are not about protecting your income for the long haul...". The two-tiered airplane fleet create a blue team/brown team...not good for unity or team spirit. Finally--even some of the most loyal of JB guys and gals feel like they are being "dictated to..." with the latest pay committee...not "discussing". None of this bodes well for either group.

The rapid upgrades are waning due to the law of large numbers and a slow down in deliveries. The math simply means what was a six figure job year 2 is now a six figure job....maybe....in year 4 or 5. You are going to attract a different group of pilots with that math, and a lot of guys who face delays in upgrades may accept recalls to their previous airline for a vareity of Q of life issues or just pure old disappointment and disillusionment.

The guys who hang...well...they MAY just be at Southwest airlines circa 1980. Or they may be at People Express circa 1981. Time will tell...

Good luck to all concerned--there a LOT of nice folks there...

He'll be getting a call from me tomorrow!!! (Senior 190 Ca)
So that would make you a semi senior 320 fo then, good luck at UAL though? short term gain long term loss? Who knows...

190 pay will be fixed Jan 1, I think LCC will be mad with their starting rates on the 190 then;)

Elag I don't think LCC is going to be very mad with the rates announced today. I was hoping you knew something no one else did and were right.
Doesn't appear to be the case.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Boy have I heard this before!

I was hired at Jetblue in the spring of '03 after being furloughed. They didn't make you resign your seniority, so I decided to give it a shot. It wasn't a bad place to work, and there were some outstanding guys that worked there. There was a very large group of koolaid drinkers though. Things were good at first, the stock was going up like a mutha, and the stock options looked like they might be worth a lot. Guys that got hired a year or so earlier had already done very well on them. Upgrades were going at around 20-22 months or so.

Jetblue announced the -190 in '04 and good old Al Spain said time and time again that it wasn't an rj. Everyone thought a pay raise was imminent and thought the -190 rates were going to be close to the current 320 rates. Then, management sent us a DHL package which included our new agreement and -190 rates. Everyone was totally pissed and we had tons of those "pocket sessions" to address the pilots' concerns. Of course, nothing was changed and rates remained the same. I immediately sent out resumes even though I was very close to bidding captain, and luckily I got hired elsewhere.

It sounds like some things never change. There is only so much of that rah-rah crap you can listen to before you lose trust in management. I mentioned unions about two years ago. That place needs a union. Not to rape the company, but to have a real voice in your contract and work rules. Most of the top 400 or so believe that unions are the source of all of legacies problems, plus they are afraid that it will cost them in stock price. I found all of the committees (or whatever they call them) are eye wash and don't do a whole lot.

Good luck over there guys, it looks like you will need it...

Latest resources

Back