Japan Air Lines CEO has an interesting take on CEO compensation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, because no union protection at all would be better!--Moron

How about a union that actually practices what it preaches? If you are going to complain about excessive executive compensation...then you probably shouldn't compensate your own executives excessively.....

Those in glass houses.....

Japan is a capitalist country as well. The compensation of our CEO's has more to do with unethical and misguided behavior than whether or not we are a capitalist society.

I don't think Obama will change the leadership of these companies. It flies in the face of true leadership. A leader doesn't have someone (in this case government) tell him/her right or wrong. The leader does things because of their beliefs.

I would almost guarantee most of this man's employees work their butts of for the company knowing what this man does himself.

Shogun

Accountability runs deep in the Japanese culture, you see it at all levels and not only at the top. The folks that load the airplanes take it as a personal failure when bags get lost and when a student fails a check ride, it is the instructor that has to go apologize for his failure (not the student's) to his superior.

"Ishido used ninja; why shouldn't I? But I hired one man and succeeded...Ishido failed. Stupid to fail! Unforgivable!"

--Lord Toranaga

"Ishido used ninja; why shouldn't I? But I hired one man and succeeded...Ishido failed. Stupid to fail! Unforgivable!"

--Lord Toranaga

One of my favorite books growing up. The miniseries was lame.

Great story. Makes me sick to be an American. We're a greedy society, and the executives have made themselves multi-millionaires at the expense of its workers.

This reminds me about an article in USA Today recently in the green section where they feature a single real estate market and the highest priced home and the median home. In this article it featured IND, and the most expensive in town. It was the CEO of "i believe" a drug company, although this may not be correct. Anyhow this CEO had rebuilt Versailles. This pompus prick thought he was King Louis XIV of IND. This is what our system has allowed. The return of Royalty. Something like 30 Million in friggin IND. Guess he deserved it after no doubt outsourcing/downsizing of employees and probably running the company into the ground?

This reminds me about an article in USA Today recently in the green section where they feature a single real estate market and the highest priced home and the median home. In this article it featured IND, and the most expensive in town. It was the CEO of "i believe" a drug company, although this may not be correct. Anyhow this CEO had rebuilt Versailles. This pompus prick thought he was King Louis XIV of IND. This is what our system has allowed. The return of Royalty. Something like 30 Million in friggin IND. Guess he deserved it after no doubt outsourcing/downsizing of employees and probably running the company into the ground?

Don't worry, it will all trickle down on us serfs.

That guy just "worked harder" than the rest of us.

Latest resources

Back