Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JANET

Just Another Non-Existant Trip

I flew T-43s at Mather before it closed. I also had a TS clearance from flying EC-130s. I thought about taking a job flying Janet when I retired but after talking with a couple of their pilots about how boring their days were, I decided against it. Really boring job.

A couple of times in the past two years, an unnamed company advertised for DC9 crews to be based in AZ and NV for a "government contract" and said a "top secret clearance" would be required.

I contacted the outfit doing the job posting and was told hiring was put on hold. That was the last I ever heard.

A MOFSA was conducted and it appears it might have been Ross Aviation in ABQ. I guess they must be doing something akin to this EG & G ?

Well Ross was and is flying on DOE contracts, involving moving certain parts between Pantex, ABQ, DOE test site, etc. Also used to fly a twin otter back and forth between ABQ and Los Alamos for a while I think. They still do DOE work, but not as much as in the past, there just is not as much work do to I think.

Does anyone know what FAR(s) the EG&G Janet flights operate under?
91?, 121?, 125?

FL420 said:
Does anyone know what FAR(s) the EG&G Janet flights operate under?
91?, 121?, 125?

Prob part 91, since it is a "airline" but in-house for DOE/Govt

same as Con-Air, etc

Latest resources

Back