JANET Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilot370

Could this be the JANET flights out to area 51? Do you need time in UFO to be considered or maybe have a little green in your blood?

Boeing 737 First Officer - Las Vegas, NV. Minimum Requirements: Must possess background and expereince sufficient to Pilot a Boeing 737 aircraft. Must hold a ATP Certificate issued by the FAA. Must hold a First Class medical issued by the FAA. Preferred Qualifications: a minimum of 4,000 hour Total time, a B737 Type rating, and a active TS SSBI security desired. Applicants interested in this position, please apply online at www.urs.apply2jobs.com.

Because of the nature of the TS clearance, its probably going to be pretty hard to get that job as a civilian, unless you are a guard/reserve pilot, or already have a job requiring that clearance. I would guess military pilots would be much more preferred also, due to the locations they fly into.

One would probably get to see some unusual aircraft occasionally, although I doubt those are just left on the ramp.

Last edited:
pilot370 said:
Could this be the JANET flights out to area 51?

If I'm not mistaken, the Dept. of Energy was responsible for operating these 737s out of LAS. I'm not sure if that's still the case. Anyone have current info?

I dont think those are, since those are mostly to go out to the certain nellis range complex, to take civilian contractors there. EG&G has always had a big presence out there on the DOE areas, and I am sure some of their aviation activities are for DOE, just not these. I think AFSC owns some or all of these 737s.

DOE activities on the areas that are actually under DOE control are a lot less than when the nuke testing was going on full steam.

414Flyer said:
One would probably get to see some unusual aircraft occasionally, although I doubt those are just left on the ramp.
I used to work for a company that ran a weekly shuttle out there. I could never go due to the security clearance. None of our pilots ever got to see any UFO's. The ramp was always empty and hangars locked up tight.

However, I heard on the Art Bell show that there are aliens being held captive there. That sounds kinda neat.:)

JANET

Just ANother Extra Terrestrial

The JANET flights are operated and crewed by a large defense contractor, EG&G. The B-737 Aircraft are owned by the U.S. Govt. Due to high security clearance reqs. they only hire former military for flight crew positions.

I can't tell you how I know this, it's still classified...:D

Latest resources

Back