• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jan. Cherry Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you work at Cherry???? I do and gave a recommendation for the guy to upgrade.....
FD
He is a sharp guy.....

If - you have the required time to upgrade to captain usually 2500 TT/500 in type (varies somewhat), they need another captain, and you have not pissed off very many other pilots and management, you can upgrade within 8 months! It happens.

You guys fly 500 hours in 8 months? I heard Cherry's entire fleet flew a little over 1500 hours combined for the whole year last year and just over 1700 hours the year before that. Still think an 8 month upgrade is wishful thinking.

Hope you guys are flying more, just thought that the guys asking about upgrades because they were looking for employment should have the facts.

Bye the way, what does it take for an F/O at Cherry not to piss management off? Gear up, shut up?

hopeful-I don't think you realize how many Cherries you're talking to on this site. We know the details about Cherry because we work there. Also, I'm not sure who you're getting your information from about Cherry but it sounds like you need to find another snitch. Last year was pretty darn good for a lot of us at Cherry. The info concerning the hours flown are way off.
And yes, gear up, shut up actually works well, especially if you fly with me....

I hope you don't project that type of arrogance in the cockpit.

A good captain is someone who understands the importance of a good F/O. Sounds like you may not be such a great captain. Just a honest observation from an outsider.

Cherry pilots are no different than any other pilot. Times are a tough and we do whats necessary to get the job done and stay in one piece. We fly around in old turbo jets in bad WX in the middle of the night. Your brain has to be a little warped to do that day in and night out.
Take it for what its worth and go bug somebody else....
FD

If you are wondering how I know your name, its because you put it after one of your posts awhile back. I don't know you though. Have a good night and safe flight.

Latest resources

Back