Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JALways (IASCO) vs. Evergreen / Opinions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been employed by both.

Evergreen was more fun and less money.

If money was king, I would go to law school and earn my blood money suing doctors.

Go to Fed-Ex, UPS or Southwest instead...Or Jet-Blue, QOL and days off are more important than joing the Japanese Army.

I have heard if you are hired with IASCO, you can jumpseat. If by some of the other companies, you cannot. We take the Jalways guys all the time so it wouldn't matter who hired the guy, if I have a Jalways guy looking for a seat from me, he gets it.

Married with two kids. Evergreen! Plan to be gone for 18days min. Upgrades are coming quick..but pay is not great. Plus you get a back to back trip..you are looking at 28 days plus on the road.
Stewage said:
Hi, I may be lucky enough (I'll know in a few days) to get a job offer from both Evergreen and IASCO (for a JALways 747 contract). I am looking for any opinions on what the better deal may be. On the surface, IASCO pays MUCH better, however I don't live in HNL and am not going to move there. I am married with two kids and on the flip side the Evergreen schedule is a lot better. Also, Evergreen appears to be going through an expansion, so upgrades may come quicker. On top of that it is 7 weeks of training (Evergreen) vs. 5 months. I have heard that the JALways contract crews sometimes harbor resentment between the companies that are paying them, as the contract differ widely.

Again, I am looking for any opinions from all of you who know more about this than I. Thanks in advance and keep safe.

Junkflyer said:
I don't think you can j/s on any US carriers with the JAL id. I may be wrong, but its what I've heard and I'd like to hear about it from any one with experience.

You can jumpseat on ATA with a JAL ID as long as you have a US pilot certificate.

We still go to HNL from SFO, LAX, PHX, and LAS.

Of course, we will only do so until Big Daddy tells us to stop.

Latest resources

Back