• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JAL furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked on the JALways contract. The reason they have (had) contractors is furlough protection for the Japanese pilots. The theory is to fire the contractors to cut the force to protect the Japanese jobs.

so did I...none of this really surprises me.

I'm not sure I understand what this thread is about, when has JAL furlough any Japanese national on their seniority list? How many Japanese union pilots where furloughed in 2003? I'm not aware of any. Furlough implies recall rights, these folks are being dismissed (from Jalways) that is not a furlough and that regretably is the nature of contract work.

Its happened and ANA/AJX/AJV is next

Good thing they never offered you an interview, that way you can remain on your secure position there at UAL right?

I'm not sure I understand what this thread is about, when has JAL furlough any Japanese national on their seniority list? How many Japanese union pilots where furloughed in 2003? I'm not aware of any. Furlough implies recall rights, these folks are being dismissed (from Jalways) that is not a furlough and that regretably is the nature of contract work.

Good thing they never offered you an interview, that way you can remain on your secure position there at UAL right?

Right....you may not be as dumb as you claim.

Talked to my friend that has been an FO on the 747-200 since 2005 or so. They got terminated, not laid off. Dont know but it think its ALL the contractors. I just am about done with type rating training for J-AIR and i sure help that since they are owned by JAL that doesnt affect us but i doubt it will. Good luck to all those under the ax.

Overherd a group of them out at Teco Teco tonight talking about it. Definitely not a rumor. I wonder if it is just the -200 guys or everyone?

It's all of us. I have been here 16 years and am on the -400. All terminations effective April 1st. It's been a good job, but time to move on. Not much out there right now, though.

Its happened and ANA/AJX/AJV is next

I think that might be a little bit of a stretch. They are two very different companies with very different financial positions.

However, I would be amiss to think that something like that could not happen here. They do not want us here but for the moment, they need us. It is very unsettling though but such is the work as temporary contract help.

It's all of us. I have been here 16 years and am on the -400. All terminations effective April 1st. It's been a good job, but time to move on. Not much out there right now, though.

KAL is still hiring, good luck to all of you, I've been there too many times.

The best of luck gentlemen, my wish is that wherever you end up you get trips to NRT because I enjoy having a couple of frosted beverages with all of you

Anything new on JALways shutting down? Are the pilots with wasinc being given oportunities with other wasinc contracts? I know some real good dudes at JALways and really feel for them.

Latest resources

Back