• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jackson Hole incident today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I donno Captain, that just doesn't look good to me". Is good FO CYA and can be used in all phases of flight.

"Heard one of our pilots always says "what was that?" Going through 500 feet. He says if he ever runs off the runway, all they will be trying to figure out what happened at 500 feet?"

One of the BEST things/ideas I've ever heard on this board...!!!

I say it everytime I board and deplane in ATL.

Call me a dummy but I don't really see what this would accomplish.....

I agree with you...If that really happens, that is some stupid $hit, a couple of NTSB interviews with other pilots will determine that the guy says that all of time and is a really idiot.

On the other hand, An old friend long since retired from American and recently passed noted a few years ago that they had stopped hiring pilots and only interviewed "team players". He predicted that American's insurance carrier and surviving relatives were going to be very unhappy in the future.

On the other hand, An old friend long since retired from American and recently passed noted a few years ago that they had stopped hiring pilots and only interviewed "team players". He predicted that American's insurance carrier and surviving relatives were going to be very unhappy in the future.

No disrespect to your friend, but did he really mean that CRM is now "in style" and the captain-is-God attitude was being tossed to the curb ?

Just sayin........

WOW! Just think, this wasn't even a regional jet. If it was, all the hype would be about how inexperienced the crew was. Right?

WOW! Just think, this wasn't even a regional jet. If it was, all the hype would be about how inexperienced the crew was. Right?

It should be about how inexperienced they are. Don't care what your background - I was way better at mountain flying in the 99, than I am now. Or do we not think this is a proficiency anymore(?)

I just plan on saying, "Holy crap! Look at the size of the tentacles on that thing!!", just prior to impact. If nothing else, it'll f*ck with the NTSB, and more importantly, the FAA for awhile.

AF :cool:

I just plan on saying, "Holy crap! Look at the size of the tentacles on that thing!!", just prior to impact. If nothing else, it'll f*ck with the NTSB, and more importantly, the FAA for awhile.

AF :cool:

just prior you'll be lucky to get an "oh sh1T" great plan though.......:eek:

The airport is in a national park and I believe requires Congresss or the President to approve any changes to the runway. I'm sure those enviromentalist and even some locals would voice opposition to an expansion of that airport. All reasons why the runway has probably never been expanded.

Im pretty sure the airport is NOT in a national park... its close, but not IN...

Latest resources

Back