• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've discovered Netjets 10 year plan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Considered by who? How many years in the X do you have to ascertain the truth to that statement? My 14 years do not show that. Nor does the daily maintenance log.

Don't forget all of the old Ultras and beeches that break like Bon Jovi. Bottom line is size of the company has zero to do with recovery capability. More owners, especially the 25-hour variety of the successful marquis variety, place more of a demand on the fleet than the 200-hour owner. Think about it-dividing a plane into 32nds versus 16ths means many more potential things to go wrong. It transates to more recoveries, and ultimately the owner experience as they get moved from aircraft to aircraft.
In any case, what's the reason owners are fleeing, in your opinion?

Owners are not fleeing. Some are leaving. There is no mass exodus as rumored. Sorry to disappoint. Last month was actually record sales.

Hear that in company recurrent?

Record sales

Last month was actually record sales.

That may be the problem .. they are doing RECORD sales, but the world moved to CDs in the late 80s and MP3s in the 2000s.

I would like to see the data reflecting "record" sales ... better than 2004-2005-2006?

That may be the problem .. they are doing RECORD sales, but the world moved to CDs in the late 80s and MP3s in the 2000s.

I would like to see the data reflecting "record" sales ... better than 2004-2005-2006?

Me too.

Owners are not fleeing. Some are leaving. There is no mass exodus as rumored. Sorry to disappoint. Last month was actually record sales.

While I don't think there is a "mass exodus" of owners......There is definitely a slow trickle (best medaphor I could think of. Probably more than a trickle!)

And a problem with the companies sales figures is they can be skewed any way they want... Owners renewing their contract BUT for a smaller share.. Marquis owners buying more cards etc... I'd rather have 4 owners at 400 hrs, than 16 MJ owners at 400 hrs... NJA needs larger shares sold and at a faster rate to get back to repsectable growth mode..... remember Sokols "100 net new owners" interview in 2010.....How'd that pan out?? NJA lost 12 a/c worth of owners in 2010...

The sky is not falling, but we're not eating cavier out of gold trimmed beer mugs yet either! The day the Mets win the series is the day I'll believe NJA is having record sales!! Maybe next year! Oh wait, the Wilpons lost a butt load with B. Madoff, just like 100's of NJA owners...We may have a problem with the Mets/NJA......

Good one! I'm sure that "flew" over most people's heads.

Arrogance never trumps consistent quality service/products. You can't take away things from a client/customer and expect them to be happy. People are normally loyal to a fault, but they will find a provider that offers better service and value if they feel they're being taken for granted.

The fleet is way too old, pricing is out of sight, and many people still think it is the good old days. It's not and won't be for a long time...some of it attributable to the company, some of it due to a really, really, really lousy market.

It's tough to make a nickel in private aviation during the good times and darn near impossible with mgmt running (or being pushed) out the door like there was a fire.

Cassette, CD, 8 track. What ever you want to call it. Best one day sales in a while.
Best recovery time in the industry. 60 mins or so average.
Upgrade and downgrade aircraft from local to international missions.
BH financial backing.
Safety is our culture.
Our image sucks right now. We took some major hits. We have smart people working the problems and the ship is turning around.
Most of the borderline owners have been shaken out. Some want BMW. Some want Ford.
It's hard to sway naysayers. Believe what you want. Netjets has a great product and a bright future.

Recovery Statistics

Do not believe the statistics unless you see the raw data and more. Since NJ employees in Columbus are now most concerned with keeping their own jobs (understandable) finger pointing in widespread and apparent to owners, instead of just geeting the job done.

The statistics on my 2 recent "strandings" and 1 "we will not provide the plabe within the call out time", have all turned into wonderful statistic for NJ. When I have inquired I got "your flights were on time" until we dug deeper and the data looks like this, for example..... (1) days before the flight I request a flight for 2pm, (2) I am later called and told of some problem and am told jet won't be available for me until 5p, (3) I decide to do something (meeting, more time at beach, etc.) istead of sitting at the FBO if I am lucky enough to get the call before I head for the FBO, (4) I say, well let's make it a 7p flight so we can have dinner. The Intellijet II system now makes it my 7p departure which leaves on time ... not the actual 3+ hour recovery form my original time.

Example 2 -- I call at 6pm for a flight 10 the next morning (I have 8 hour call out time). At 9 pm at noght I am told no jet available for me until noon (amazing being that I am in the NYC area). I cancel the flight all togetyher and fly with another operator. Again, Intellijet II statistics just show that I cancelled my flight. Not why I cancelled my flight.

Latest resources

Back