• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've been hearing rumors...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually heard the same thing from a couple of flops guys in IAD a month or so ago.

FWIW i hope things can at least level out and become sustainable for everyone.

Folks, let's be realistic, everything is slow. The NJ guys who post here will try to paint a rosier picture but I spoke with a couple of NJ guys at a service center the other day and they said things were real slow for them.

Who are these NJ guys everyone keeps on talking about??? the NJ guys who paint a rosier picture, or the ones who say things are not slow at NJ, and all that cr**p?? I work for NJ, and I'm not painting a "rosier picture", things are slow here, hell I'm scared sh**less.

Back to the topic, how about it FLOPS guys, is this rumor true??

I have heard the same rumor from several different people. 30-50 more furloughed pilots coming very soon at Flight Options. So, if you are on the bottom of the list, be ready for the call. :(

I still think Flight Options will survive although as a much smaller company. But there are just too many unknowns right now to say with any certainty what will happen. I think even EJA will furlough soon. With typically only a handful of airplanes in the air (six right now) and nearly three thousand pilots? How long will they pay pilots to sit around?

Yes, there is going to be a major purge.

HS

Looks like we're all working hard. Raises all around.

Here Here!

In this business more flying doesn't equal more profits. It's all about shares sold and deadhead and charter and lots of other financial terms. As a wise man once said: "they don't pay us to fly, they pay us to be available to fly."

Latest resources

Back