It's "Sierra"... not "Sugar"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's out of the brevity word list I have access to in the office:

Champagne: "An attack of three distinct groups with two in front and one behind. The leading two groups are attempting to bracket, with a trailing third group flying up the middle." I imagine that, from 180 degrees aspect, it looks like an inverted champagne glass.

Stinger is similar: "A formation of two or more aircraft with a single in trail." I guess the difference would be that champagne is a group of elements, whereas stinger is a single formation.

Then there's the story about the stud that told FW Center that he had "PARROT BENT." haha.

I heard a Sugar Lobster yesterday in ATL...

Swede said:
each aptly named something like The Chernobyl Glower, Goat Rodeo, Midget Rugby, Hair-On-Fire, and the always popular Polish Heart Attack. :D

A RAF exchange officer I once flew with used the 'Exploding Bucket of F*ck' as a bandit, which was also aptly named.

Since we're on another phraseology kick...I talked to a retired Wash center supervisor today, and he likes the use of "With you".

I'm so confused. :(

Rez O. Lewshun said:
When ATC makes a traffic call, why is the response Looking or Tally {ho} better than Negative Contact or In Sight? It is not. So why use Looking?

Because 100% of the time I use "negative contact" the controller responds with "maintain visual separation."

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

I knew a corp. guy who flew around this biz jet ending in "WW" that's "whiskey, whiskey" He insisted on calling it "double shot". A total embarassment.

ferlo said:
I knew a corp. guy who flew around this biz jet ending in "WW" that's "whiskey, whiskey" He insisted on calling it "double shot". A total embarassment.

Did any controllers actually get that. Sorry I hate to keep adding to a ancient thread.

It's a good thread worthy of ressurection. The winner for worst use of callsign so far must be the "Shug Shug" example. :puke:

When I was interviewing, post military, and in the 707 simulator, I used the term "Wilco," a perfectly acceptable .mil term. The sim instructor backhanded me (drew blood) and said "Don't EVER say that again, or I will be forced to kill you."

Latest resources

Back