• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the truth is Parker is going to do whatever he thinks offers the least path of resistance and the offended party can go ahead and try to sue. How well has that worked out for the west so far....5 years and counting still a DOH merge with fences in reality.

If the question is what's "right", what should be done.....not sure that's relevant unfortunately.

A hypothetical question. Has anyone seen how a nic type list fits within the APA list? I can tell you this much, if the nic list places a 2005 AW pilot in a relative position to an AA 1980's pilot, good luck with that.
Its already been decided.

Haven't looked, but I have a feeling that's about what the Nic does. I'm sure the APA will be fleshing out what works best for them, and head in that direction. as someone previously said, it will come down to path of least resistance and let the agrieved party figure out how to sue, and go through the whole DFR process again, 5-10 yrs worth, in the meantime Parker and Co, will continue on.....cost of business

A hypothetical question. Has anyone seen how a nic type list fits within the APA list? I can tell you this much, if the nic list places a 2005 AW pilot in a relative position to an AA 1980's pilot, good luck with that.

What's been decided? I must have missed that update. Can you post the decision for all of us to see?

Haven't looked, but I have a feeling that's about what the Nic does. I'm sure the APA will be fleshing out what works best for them, and head in that direction. as someone previously said, it will come down to path of least resistance and let the agrieved party figure out how to sue, and go through the whole DFR process again, 5-10 yrs worth, in the meantime Parker and Co, will continue on.....cost of business

You forget, the company is party to the suit. They are part of the transition agreement. If there is any modification to the NIC list in any form, there will be a suit filed, followed by an easy injunction to prevent any list other than the NIC.

The company will not do anything to modify the NIC unless the courts tell them it is O.K to do so. ( What do you think those chances are?)

Have you seen anything from the company saying they are going to drop the DJ case with the new possible merger?

FROM DOCUMENT 178, US AIR CROSS MOTION

I. CBAS REMAIN BINDING ON THE PARTIES UNDER THE RLA
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY CHANGE IN REPRESENTATION.
USAPA relies on​
Association of Flight Attendants v USAir, Inc., 24 F.3d 1432,1438-39 (D.C. Cir. 1994) (“USAir”), in support of its argument that the TransitionAgreement is not binding on USAPA. (See Doc. No. 160 at 8:1-10:17.) This reliance,however, is misplaced. The USAir decision compels precisely the opposite conclusion:

namely, that the Transition Agreement is binding on USAPA (as well as on US Airways).

A sad reminder, 4 years and USAPA has not accomplished one thing. So much for that 90 day contract.​
The Nicolau Seniority List Was Issued on May 3, 2007 that was
1819 days 09 hours 45 minutes 58 seconds Ago

The Merger was Announced on May 19, 2005 that was
2533 days 09 hours 45 minutes 58 seconds Ago

USAPA took over on April 18, 2008 that was
1468 days 09 hours 45 minutes 58 seconds Ago

LOA93 was signed on October 21, 2004 and the East pilots have been the lowest paid in the industry for
2743 days 09 hours 47 minutes 05 seconds

The 2005 AWA hire has about 600 active pilots junior to him on the Nic. which is what, 12% up from the bottom? So what hire date at AA gets you 12% up from the bottom - that's around 1000 pilots from the bottom?

I have a feeling it's nowhere near a late 80's hire. More like late 90's; someone on here can probably pin it down for us.

So yeah; you could have a list with a USAir '88 hire, an AA '98 hire, and an AWA '05 hire adjacent to each other.

Listen cry baby you just crossed a line with me mister! USAPA was formed to represent pilots and to not deal with the ALPO bs from you DAL types. USAPA was formed to recognize and value the only thing we as pilots can hang our hats on: DATE Of HiRe!!
The rookies out west are the problem and always have been for this reason. Let mevput it to you this way, if DAL merges with ASA are they your equal? Didnt think so.
But for you to imply USAPA pilots are unethical is OUTRAGEOUS!

No word of a suspension, nothing else. Needless to say OYS isn't very happy. ASADFW7 is a loose cannon and needs to get off the throne.

No junior. USAPA was formed to try and overthrow a BINDING ARBITRATION AWARD. But please, for entertainment purposes, keep up the drivel. It's quite hysterical.
All that experience you tout on here, and you simply can't get past 2nd grade spelling. :laugh:

The 2005 AWA hire has about 600 active pilots junior to him on the Nic. which is what, 12% up from the bottom? So what hire date at AA gets you 12% up from the bottom - that's around 1000 pilots from the bottom?

I have a feeling it's nowhere near a late 80's hire. More like late 90's; someone on here can probably pin it down for us.

So yeah; you could have a list with a USAir '88 hire, an AA '98 hire, and an AWA '05 hire adjacent to each other.

Are you forgetting the 3rd listers? The number is more like 1000 behind a 2005 AW hire. This puts him/her a bit higher on the % list..

Latest resources

Back