Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the ALPA process was never completed
Really?

I think the ALPA process was completed enough for you guys to get all huffy and form a new union.

USAPA reminds me of Clinton during the Lewinski fiasco. . . "Can you tell me what the meaning of 'is' is?" Why don't we start another thread about that? Oh wait, there already are several.

Now, if you guys want to discuss US Air / AWA seniority go start your own thread. I'm more curious about what Parker has offered APA and the odds on a successful merger.

Last edited:
The seniority issue will not even be a bump. It has been decided. If judge Silber doesn't rule before single carrier status is decided, the APA will be the conductor of the train. And they will not let the brain children at USAPA interfere in this transaction. They know the path of least resistance is the NIC. They implement that, NO LAWSUITS. They don't, AOL and the west pilots get an injunction to stop the whole show. Sorry Easties, your days are numbered.

My money's on THIS ^^^

Now, if you guys want to discuss US Air / AWA seniority go start your own thread. I'm more curious about what Parker has offered APA and the odds on a successful merger.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. I think we have enough East/West "You Suck, No You Suck More"
threads. As another third list dude I am mainly concerned with merger intel. It's bad enough that I have to live your guys crap every time I go to work. I know you guys just HAVE to keep proving to the rest of the pilot world just how screwed up you are could you at least do it on a thread that openly states
"Caution Monkeys throwing Crap !! Enter at your own risk."
At least then I can skip over it

Why not just straight doh keep 7 year fences for east and west and then just combine all three lists in 7 years.

The only problem with that is that proposal would eliminate any windfalls and thus no greedy pilot groups can be divided or get excited about the possibilities...:eek::)

Amen to that. I think we have enough East/West "You Suck, No You Suck More"
threads. As another third list dude I am mainly concerned with merger intel. It's bad enough that I have to live your guys crap every time I go to work. I know you guys just HAVE to keep proving to the rest of the pilot world just how screwed up you are could you at least do it on a thread that openly states
"Caution Monkeys throwing Crap !! Enter at your own risk."
At least then I can skip over it

I totally agree. Let's get back on topic: USAirways and will it merge with AA?

As to simply changing names to get out of obligations. Well that's where the loop hole is. The obligation and the process was an ALPA process. Two ALPA mec's agreed to an ALPA process. Before that process was completed, which includes, as per the TA, a new combined CBA, solidifying that SLI arbitration known as the NIC. Something changed. A union was voted out and another one was voted in. This union had it's own processes so it was back to square one.

Bottom line, the ALPA process was never completed. So how does an ALPA process get stuck to a new entity? You just agreed that the arbitration was an ALPA process.

Nope, there is no loophole. You uSAPians are just looking for another bite of the apple.

uSAPa has been on the losing side of every legal battle. What makes you think this time is any different?

Wow, got to give it to those Easties... Always looking for new ways to get out of old obligations... Dream all you want, spin tall tales under fake screen names about new legal ways to get out of an arbitration ... The desperation is sad to see as this may be coming to an end game and USAPA fades away....

Just a question...

If a merger were to happen right now... What are the OFFICIAL seniority lists of American and US Airways?

I don't believe the American list is in question, so their list is what it is... So we need the current OFFICIAL seniority list of US Airways... Is that the NIC? It's not the official list until ratified into a contract by the only members that are a party of the agreement (the restructuring agreement) that defined how it could become the official list.
It's on an un-implemented list. It's official in that it complied with the TA and was accepted and no other list has.

Remember, you don't get to vote on the list. You only get to vote on a contract which will implement the list - in this case the Nic.

Your argument is what Judge Wake ordered in his injunction. That discarded view is almost as old and irrelevant as a failed relative seniority integration scheme from five years ago.

Latest resources

Back