• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But this process wasn't a federally mandated arbitration was it? Wasn't an internal ALPA arbitration? That is binding on two ALPA parties?

Yup, got plenty of time to save too my friend over 25 years here....

I have a feeling I'm talking with a bunch of '02-05 hires. They know if they click their heels enough, the NIC will be used.

If the NIC is used, these guys will gain an unimaginable windfall. almost equal to the guy that who's birthday was just after they changed the rule to 65.......

I have a feeling I'm talking with a bunch of '02-05 hires. They know if they click their heels enough, the NIC will be used.

If the NIC is used, these guys will gain an unimaginable windfall. almost equal to the guy that who's birthday was just after they changed the rule to 65.......

over 30 years here. You must be a '99 hire who was on the street when the merger happened.

And a bunch of 02-05 hires who will be senior to you. That is the problem isn't it?

We are about even then, As prior to that 10 yrs YOU were the lowest paid pilot.....Oh wait. You werent even at AWA then, Which regional did you come from and what was your pay scale in the 80's/90's?

Was mesa around then??? I dunno I was flying Hvy freight around the world at the time making some decent shekkles in a number of projects, so didn't really know what the regional world consisted of.

I'm not involved, but as a former commuter and regional pilot, I would have no problem telling you to ******************** off. We are airline pilots. And the best airline pilots come from the regionals and commuters as they have been doing the job from the beginning.
As for $$, Pilots comparing sheckles is ridiculous -the highest paid among us do ok- but it's nothing to brag about in the scheme of things and you'd still need a ton of capital to get any real venture off the ground-
"I'm the shiniest penny!!"
"no! I am!"

But this process wasn't a federally mandated arbitration was it? Wasn't an internal ALPA arbitration? That is binding on two ALPA parties?

Yup, got plenty of time to save too my friend over 25 years here....

So, all you have to do is change the name of the union and you will not be held responsible for your previous agreements?

Well, we can see where this thread is going.

Well ABE, you were the one that wanted to start swapping W2's.....

As to simply changing names to get out of obligations. Well that's where the loop hole is. The obligation and the process was an ALPA process. Two ALPA mec's agreed to an ALPA process. Before that process was completed, which includes, as per the TA, a new combined CBA, solidifying that SLI arbitration known as the NIC. Something changed. A union was voted out and another one was voted in. This union had it's own processes so it was back to square one.

Bottom line, the ALPA process was never completed. So how does an ALPA process get stuck to a new entity? You just agreed that the arbitration was an ALPA process.

And wave, wasn't dumping on commuter pilots. Was dumping simply on ABE as he wanted to bring w2's in the equation...

Latest resources

Back