• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OTOH, USAir doesn't have to worry about integration. Either they will continue lauging themselves to the bank as pilots feud it out. When they tire of running three separate companies, they'll just wind down part of the operation that is most troublesome and least profitable.

What part of "binding" do people not understand?

Just a question...

If a merger were to happen right now... What are the OFFICIAL seniority lists of American and US Airways?

I don't believe the American list is in question, so their list is what it is... So we need the current OFFICIAL seniority list of US Airways... Is that the NIC? It's not the official list until ratified into a contract by the only members that are a party of the agreement (the restructuring agreement) that defined how it could become the official list.
It's on an un-implemented list. It's official in that it complied with the TA and was accepted and no other list has.

Remember, you don't get to vote on the list. You only get to vote on a contract which will implement the list - in this case the Nic.

Lets try this...

As of this moment there are 3 list in action at Airways This is undisputed.

Nic can only happen if there were a combined contract, (all other issues aside) there is not, hence 3 lists.

9th has ruled DFR not ripe as no harm has yet been done.

So the only official ratified lists that are CURRENTLY at play can be used in any official new transaction.

With the above in mind, all the rest is opinion.

If this deal goes down, they will used a list based mostly on DOH with fences, as this is the way American will want it. I know its hard to believe, but the APA really doesn't care about East or West.

Then if a group of pilots still feel they have be slighted, they would then be able to resume court proceedings in an attempt to prove how they have been wronged. (as per the 9th)

Yes USAPA will give way to the APA, but after the deal is done and....
There is a transition agreement of some kind, just like now to govern during the merging process.

Unlike the East West deal, if this one proceeds, management will have their ducks in a row prior to signing.

That is why you have seen Airways management courting the APA, and the APA agreeing to terms.

I know this won't sit well with all you East bashers, but there it is.

Yes there could be subtle differences, but nothing major, as the new merger laws will prevent the railroading some seem to crave so desperately.

No matter how it may go down, there is little any of us with a flag on the tail can do about it.

Last edited:
Lets try this...

As of this moment there are 3 list in action at Airways This is undisputed.

Nic can only happen if there were a combined contract, (all other issues aside) there is not, hence 3 lists.

9th has ruled DFR not ripe as no harm has yet been done.

So the only official ratified lists that are CURRENTLY at play can be used in any official new transaction.

With the above in mind, all the rest is opinion.

If this deal goes down, they will used a list based mostly on DOH with fences, as this is the way American will want it. I know its hard to believe, but the APA really doesn't care about East or West.

Then if a group of pilots still feel they have be slighted, they would then be able to resume court proceedings in an attempt to prove how they have been wronged. (as per the 9th)

Yes USAPA will give way to the APA, but after the deal is done and....
There is a transition agreement of some kind, just like now to govern during the merging process.

Unlike the East West deal, if this one proceeds, management will have their ducks in a row prior to signing.

That is why you have seen Airways management courting the APA, and the APA agreeing to terms.

I know this won't sit well with all you East bashers, but there it is.

Yes there could be subtle differences, but nothing major, as the new merger laws will prevent the railroading some seem to crave so desperately.

No matter how it may go down, there is little any of us with a flag on the tail can do about it.

What are you smoking??? I really have no idea how you guys come uo with this stuff. I give up.

Listen cry baby you just crossed a line with me mister! USAPA was formed to represent pilots and to not deal with the ALPO bs from you DAL types. USAPA was formed to recognize and value the only thing we as pilots can hang our hats on: DATE Of HiRe!!
The rookies out west are the problem and always have been for this reason. Let mevput it to you this way, if DAL merges with ASA are they your equal? Didnt think so.
But for you to imply USAPA pilots are unethical is OUTRAGEOUS!

No word of a suspension, nothing else. Needless to say OYS isn't very happy. ASADFW7 is a loose cannon and needs to get off the throne.

Crossed which line? The dotted line your MEC Chair signed on for the BINDING ARBITRATION? You forgot about that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just a question...

If a merger were to happen right now... What are the OFFICIAL seniority lists of American and US Airways?

I don't believe the American list is in question, so their list is what it is... So we need the current OFFICIAL seniority list of US Airways... Is that the NIC? It's not the official list until ratified into a contract by the only members that are a party of the agreement (the restructuring agreement) that defined how it could become the official list. So as of right this moment, there are only 3 official seniority lists there... The East list, the West list and the new-hire list... How can you use an unofficial list for seniority list integration of a combined carrier? The NIC could only become official if it were ratified by all the members. So if that doesn't happen before a merger, the list is worthless...

Yep! I agree

It's easy. The west has been told you can't file DFR until there is an actual list in place and all the terms surrounding it before you can debate if DFR has been broken.

So in the West dream scenerio lets flip it around. Dougie and APA want it to go through. APA looks at best SLI for their guys, and split the baby between NIC and DOH, in effect trying to appease both sides.

They finish negotiations for their contract and put SLI proposal in there with a note. Take sec. 22 or else. Vote it in, and viola you got a done deal.

Remember the 9th stated, just because the Nic isn't used does not automatically constitute a DFR...........what's that mean?

It's easy. The west has been told you can't file DFR until there is an actual list in place and all the terms surrounding it before you can debate if DFR has been broken.

So in the West dream scenerio lets flip it around. Dougie and APA want it to go through. APA looks at best SLI for their guys, and split the baby between NIC and DOH, in effect trying to appease both sides.

There are no Redo's. The list is the list. Once you took away the AWA MEC you took away any chances of a compromise.

They finish negotiations for their contract and put SLI proposal in there with a note. Take sec. 22 or else. Vote it in, and viola you got a done deal.

Remember the 9th stated, just because the Nic isn't used does not automatically constitute a DFR...........what's that mean?

As a West Pilot I hope that happens. That is what we call Collusion. If US Air management were to agree to anything other than the list they accepted via the terms of the transition agreement, they will be sued by AOL and lose. They filed the DJ case so that a judge can do the dirty work for them.

Have you read the transcripts? Did you read how the company attorney stated they know they have to use the NIC?

What the ninth was hinting at was that in some way if the west were compensated at a higher rate than the EAST for the NIC not being used, then it might not be a DFR. But thats not going to happen.

Latest resources

Back