• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unions are us. Unions are always what we make them and I have no room for cynics. But good try.

Indeed they are, and that is exactly why there is no such thing as collective honor when the money is at stake. For proof, one need not look beyond the disparity of pay across the members of a figment "union", having members who all perform the same skilled labor, in the glorious facade called a "brotherhood", with leaders eating caviar and crumpets while rallying "food stamp pilots" against the largesse of the so-called greedy management.

Shout "for collective honor" and pass the plate to collect some more dues. :lol:

This is why he was banned? REALLY???? Because he said they could shove their Bylaws up their "you know where?" The whole USAPA union was created to hurt the America West guys because the others didn't want to abide by a binding award. That sounds like the truth, to almost everyone. Yet OYS gets banned. Way too much power given to ASADFW7. Abuse of power.

And OYS sent me ASADFW7's message to him on the "infraction":

"Can you dial down the finger pointing in this case? I would like for members who work for both companies to come and debate issues, without being told to shove it up their......thank you"
Bye Bye---General Lee
Listen cry baby you just crossed a line with me mister! USAPA was formed to represent pilots and to not deal with the ALPO bs from you DAL types. USAPA was formed to recognize and value the only thing we as pilots can hang our hats on: DATE Of HiRe!!
The rookies out west are the problem and always have been for this reason. Let mevput it to you this way, if DAL merges with ASA are they your equal? Didnt think so.
But for you to imply USAPA pilots are unethical is OUTRAGEOUS!

No word of a suspension, nothing else. Needless to say OYS isn't very happy. ASADFW7 is a loose cannon and needs to get off the throne.

Ok, I have a reference for you,

Do you understand now?

No, not at all, and I don't see any reference just a story. And references to the AWA/USAir non-merger are disingenuous because that was covered under ALPA merger policy not McCaskill-Bond so it's not the same legal ground.

Assuming it goes down as you say, APA petitions for single carrier status and puts a contract out for ratification. APA cannot just submit any random LCC seniority list they want to start from. If they could, they'd just put whatever was most convenient for them. Which, quite frankly, wouldn't be nic. When it goes to negotiations, McCaskill-Bond specifically calls for the two Unions to negotiate. You can't disband USAPA and then do whatever you want, that's what the McCaskill-Bond amendment was specifically created to prevent. That means USAPA and APA sit down at some point. You can bet USAPA's list which they submit to the negotiations wouldn't be the nic either. I could see an arbitrator starting from the nic if/when it comes to that, but I don't see how APA or the company could impose it.

Last edited:
Listen cry baby you just crossed a line with me mister! USAPA was formed to represent pilots and to not deal with the ALPO bs from you DAL types. USAPA was formed to recognize and value the only thing we as pilots can hang our hats on: DATE Of HiRe!!
The rookies out west are the problem and always have been for this reason. Let mevput it to you this way, if DAL merges with ASA are they your equal? Didnt think so.
But for you to imply USAPA pilots are unethical is OUTRAGEOUS!

No word of a suspension, nothing else. Needless to say OYS isn't very happy. ASADFW7 is a loose cannon and needs to get off the throne.
Baaaaaahhhhh ha ha ha. Uh huh.

Just a question...

If a merger were to happen right now... What are the OFFICIAL seniority lists of American and US Airways?

I don't believe the American list is in question, so their list is what it is... So we need the current OFFICIAL seniority list of US Airways... Is that the NIC? It's not the official list until ratified into a contract by the only members that are a party of the agreement (the restructuring agreement) that defined how it could become the official list. So as of right this moment, there are only 3 official seniority lists there... The East list, the West list and the new-hire list... How can you use an unofficial list for seniority list integration of a combined carrier? The NIC could only become official if it were ratified by all the members. So if that doesn't happen before a merger, the list is worthless...

Ok so how would this go down. The TA in the east west merger says binding arbittation with the list being implimented on ratification of a contract. If there were to be a merger with AA would the nic award survive? I don't think it would due to the language in the TA because there woudn't be a ratified contract with AWA and us eastinfecti
ons.o

No, not at all, and I don't see any reference just a story. And references to the AWA/USAir non-merger are disingenuous because that was covered under ALPA merger policy not McCaskill-Bond so it's not the same legal ground.

Assuming it goes down as you say, APA petitions for single carrier status and puts a contract out for ratification. APA cannot just submit any random LCC seniority list they want to start from.

Isn't that what USAPA is doing with their D.O.H List?

If they could, they'd just put whatever was most convenient for them. Which, quite frankly, wouldn't be nic. When it goes to negotiations, McCaskill-Bond specifically calls for the two Unions to negotiate.

No, It calls for 20 days of Mediation, then arbitration with a list in no more than 90 days.

You can't disband USAPA and then do whatever you want,

Again, isn't that what USAPA did to Alpa?

that's what the McCaskill-Bond amendment was specifically created to prevent.

No, it was desigigned to prevent one group from taking advantage of another group. Ex, TWA American, and What US Air East has been trying to do, Unsuccessfully, to the west for five years.

That means USAPA and APA sit down at some point. You can bet USAPA's list which they submit to the negotiations wouldn't be the nic either. I could see an arbitrator starting from the nic if/when it comes to that, but I don't see how APA or the company could impose it.

The NIC will be the list no matter how you look at it. You can keep trying to come up with dream ideas on how to make it so, But the law is not on your side.

Just a question...

If a merger were to happen right now... What are the OFFICIAL seniority lists of American and US Airways?

I don't believe the American list is in question, so their list is what it is... So we need the current OFFICIAL seniority list of US Airways... Is that the NIC? It's not the official list until ratified into a contract by the only members that are a party of the agreement (the restructuring agreement) that defined how it could become the official list. So as of right this moment, there are only 3 official seniority lists there... The East list, the West list and the new-hire list... How can you use an unofficial list for seniority list integration of a combined carrier? The NIC could only become official if it were ratified by all the members. So if that doesn't happen before a merger, the list is worthless...

Exactly. The only list accepted by US Air management is the Nicolau Award. When APA is the barganing agent for all pilots there will be a vote for a single contract for all pilots. Section 22 will contain language for the nic and americans current list with Mcaskill-bond to take place after ratification.

USAPa is done. APA is in the drivers seat now. No seperate ratification, no voice. Just take it.

Last edited:
Just a question...

Another answer......

In order to negotiate with American and three seniority lists as you speak of, there would need to be a modification to our current transition agreement. Any attempt to a modification of our current transition agrrement would be yet another DFR suit against USAPA. With collusion from US Air management. Which would lead to a very easy injunction.

Like it or not, the NIC is the list.

Latest resources

Back