• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: Southwest to Buy 737-800s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A LOT of ATA guys are losing their minds right now. WN could've had all kinds of 800s (and PILOTS!) for MUCH cheaper a couple of years ago, but were too cool for school.

Halin, TX...................I'm sorry brother.

Some lost it long ago. Two lost their lives in training accidents for new jobs. Neither were jets.

Europe, Asia and S. America...... a lot cheaper with bigger airplanes! But, nooooooo!

:) ............

Interesting articles in Aviation week regarding the new Boeing Sky Interior. I don't know if SWA is going for the new seats or if they are part of the package

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Here's the latest seat back IFE option in the 737-800. They've cut the weight by 66% and its a good revenue source. Pretty revolutionary concept using fiberoptics and HD screens. It would make a flight to Hawaii much more comfortable.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Some lost it long ago. Two lost their lives in training accidents for new jobs. Neither were jets.

Europe, Asia and S. America...... a lot cheaper with bigger airplanes! But, nooooooo!

I'm sorry for your friends-

There is a large concave mirror on the Captains side that makes GuppyWN look less puffed up than he really is ...... :erm:

Note: Since my post I received a message from the 737 design engineers: "In order to achieve its design goal it would be impossible to fit a large enough concave mirror in the 737. We have however designed a modification to deal with his anus puckering. We suggest a Boeing ACES 2 ejection seat. Armed and fired by any pilot flying with GuppyWN. There are also some after market lubricants and 'toys' that are available should Southwest desire a more economical solution to his problem."

Dicko,

What up bro? Don't hatin' like that. Both sides have to get our little jabs in while we can in case it doesn't turn out like "we" think. Know what I mean? I was just jerking your chain. You know that - you just can't help yourself. I understand. I'm afflicted with the same disease.

Gup

I'm sorry for your friends-

Thanks.

I only really knew one of them. My point being that they had a job they were happy to retire from, but died in training for a new job.

Two other pilots I knew died of natural causes shortly after ATA shut down. There were several FAs that committed, or believe to have committed suicide.

Which brings me to another point. I hate hearing "At least he died doing something he loved." I'd rather die a dirty old man, with family around me, after retiring well from a career doing something I loved. Wouldn't you?

I haven't had steady work since the shutdown. I got lucky and found a short-term TRI gig in S. America, which is over, most likely. It got me current and some quality time.

Dicko,

What up bro? Don't hatin' like that. Both sides have to get our little jabs in while we can in case it doesn't turn out like "we" think. Know what I mean? I was just jerking your chain. You know that - you just can't help yourself. I understand. I'm afflicted with the same disease.

Gup

Gup,

I guess I should have used 'smiley faces'. I assumed from the content that you'd take it as a joke. Apologies, if you took it any other way.

No hate involved. Nor any ill will. Zero.

I have no idea where I'll end up. I've already made up my mind that wherever it is, I'm going to enjoy it. :)

Cheers

Don't know the block to Hawaii but you guys can have it.

Gup

Blocks from the west coast would be around the same as MHT-LAS on a normal day. Flight time tends to hover around 5+ hrs from the coast to HNL if I remember correctly. Not drastically different than our current E-W long hauls.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back