• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official. Pinnacle mgt asking for 5% paycut for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OY6, remember one thing-this is very important. The term fair is relative to your perception.

I sat in a a ALPA meeting where on a slide show presentation, they had a number of things listed as what was ALPA merger policy. One of the words that was larger than the rest, in bold lettering, was "LONGEVITY". That it must be respected. When I brought this very slide up, and how our arbitrator did not respect mine and many others longevity. They tried to deflect my question every way possible. I want my 4-5 years of ALPA dues back, as I was not represented in those years-as my LONGEVITY was $hit on.

Oh and for those of you at Pinnacle who think our concessions will save this train wreck, Guess what? PInnacle cannot cancel out the Block decision without a bankruptcy. Pinnacle cannot cancel lease's without BK.

Does anyone know the verbage in the ASA on the provisions Delta has if Pinnacle declares BK? I am sure there is some back room handshakes going on as there are Delta reps on Pinnacles board.

Don't agree to binding arbitration if you can't handle ALL possible outcomes.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

We were all stupid enough to choose aviation as a career. Either make a career change or quit complaining, and put up with this industrie's crap until you retire!

Checking in to see if it was the same old crap....yep it is.

Met some great people in my time at 9E, If the judge will take it away anyways, why give it away now? Your salary is not the problem (not like you make that much anyway) we were sold a lie after 9/11 that to this day many believe, we were told that because of the cost of the employees they can't make money, this lie has placed the American pilot as the lowest paid of all the industrialized countries, the cost of oil? Oil has been rising in price since it started to come out of the ground, they can't make money with an employee cost of $110/hour???
nonesense. Regionals asking for concession, What is this world coming to?

Met some great people in my time at 9E, If the judge will take it away anyways, why give it away now? Your salary is not the problem (not like you make that much anyway) we were sold a lie after 9/11 that to this day many believe, we were told that because of the cost of the employees they can't make money, this lie has placed the American pilot as the lowest paid of all the industrialized countries, the cost of oil? Oil has been rising in price since it started to come out of the ground, they can't make money with an employee cost of $110/hour???
nonesense. Regionals asking for concession, What is this world coming to?

Please stop making perfect sense. Not only is this FI, it's the regional section.

yeah I thought I heard somewhere from our union that the ASA that the company signed was a "profit" contract. How can Pinnacle pilots 5% matter when they are supposed to make a profit?

Latest resources

Back