• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official. Pinnacle mgt asking for 5% paycut for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, according to displacement language in OUR/YOUR contract it would have been a much longer process.
Let's be clear, that's a Mesaba provision.. which is why you consider it a "cost savings." The rest of us consider it a big circlejerk of wastefulness.

They are saving money by downgrading you faster. So literally, the jokes on you!
It is because of the rock-solid, intractable displacement language, which was never meant to address a complex situation of this scope, I was displaced in the first place. If the company had had the flexibility to work in the XJ and 9L displacees, then the secondaries would have never happened. Face it, XJ caused this.

But hey, why deal in contracts, seniority, and facts. Let's just pull s*&t out of our ass like your idea.
Sometimes complex times require complex thinking. And you have perfectly illustrated why Mesaba will be the doom of us all. Strict adherence to the contract without considering the situation or the consequences.

I'm done here.

Last edited:
SLI was an abortion. Yes. And a part of it is about QOL, as I was displaced back to FO to make room for Colgan pilots.

But it goes beyond that now. The idiotic idea of a multi-class bid is now affecting the future health and well-being of this company. How many displacements? How many thousands of hotel rooms needlessly booked? How many training events? How many thousands of hours of pilots pulled off the line? For what? So that the rights of senior pilots must be preserved at all costs... even if it jeopardizes the health of the company.

You guys can't see the forest through the trees, sometimes.

Seniority is all gone out the window with this SLI award and its conditions. flyprdu is a 9E displaced Captain, physically hired well before tons of Mesaba captains who are getting awarded DTW and JFK captains, and Colgan pilots being awarded jets. Seniority went out the window with this crap status/category method and its quotas/restrictions.

wrong you should include JH on the list for not agreeing to DOH.
JH should be sued for a failure of DFR by proposing a staple for Colgan pilots and pretending Mesaba's Saabs didn't exist. He should also be sued because even after the Apr 15 hearings were closed, Bloch had to ask JH to clarify the DOH issue for him. It's clear that JH and team did NOT present our case in a clear, concise manner.

We can't go back and change the SLI, the fences, or wipe away 11-09.
The list you can't change but hell yes you can change the fences and wipe away 11-09. You can do it voluntarily via a union offered concession, or involuntarily once Pinnacle files bankruptcy. Take your pick!

Ummmm....Mesaba Saabs don't exist. Seems like JH hit the nail on the head with that one.

Even though the Saabs dont exist, their pilots do. His proposal basically screwed and stapled those amount of Saab pilots. In the end, Bloch punished the 9e side by completely fencing them off for Pinnacle pilots. This wasn't an accident, it was a slap in the face from Bloch to the comittee he knew was most unreasonable. Proposing an entire staple job of Colgan was the most unreasonable and dumbest proposal imaginable. Of course, a certain someone had his mind on slot machines at a Vegas hotel, and even proposed it as a meeting place.

Even though the Saabs dont exist, their pilots do. His proposal basically screwed and stapled those amount of Saab pilots. In the end, Bloch punished the 9e side by completely fencing them off for Pinnacle pilots. This wasn't an accident, it was a slap in the face from Bloch to the comittee he knew was most unreasonable. Proposing an entire staple job of Colgan was the most unreasonable and dumbest proposal imaginable. Of course, a certain someone had his mind on slot machines at a Vegas hotel, and even proposed it as a meeting place.

You are not very smart.

Hey, I'm ex-mesaba and furloughed from a major, working for a large regional, right seat. that sucks, but I'm grateful to be flying! Reading all this, I'm glad to be away from it, even if making no money. Keep it all in perspective, folks, and best wishes.....

But, JUST SAY NO when the company and the "union" offer concessions to entice bargaining. IT DOES NOT WORK.
Alpa will always "live to fight another day", instead of standing up for professional standards for pay and QOL. Hence our present way of life.....remember, your "regional" contract is signed by alpa national, NOT your local or mec reps (who, by the way, are some of the best folks you can meet and work with- they really do care)
They (alpa natl.) don't care about the working conditions for over half the pilots flying domestically. They do care about keeping the DUES coming in......just my .o2....

You are not very smart.

I'm educated better now on the whole SLI fiasco. I've personally seen the email chains. You know who wasn't very smart? JH, JW, and PS. What I'd like to know is what JH did to get PS onboard the Colgan staple idea. By proposing a staple, the committee did not represent the needs and desires of the Pinnacle group fairly. These 3 need to be held accountable. No pilot group told them to go and propose a damn staple! Idiots.

I'm educated better now on the whole SLI fiasco. I've personally seen the email chains. You know who wasn't very smart? JH, JW, and PS. What I'd like to know is what JH did to get PS onboard the Colgan staple idea. By proposing a staple, the committee did not represent the needs and desires of the Pinnacle group fairly. These 3 need to be held accountable. No pilot group told them to go and propose a damn staple! Idiots.

was this your stance at the time?

Sorry, but Richard Bloch determined the fair way to do it, but unfortunately your company couldn't afford it.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

was this your stance at the time?

YES. I never wanted a staple of any pilot group. I may have joked about a 3 to 1 against Mesaba but that's only because that was the deal the flight attendants were getting, and I wasn't serious about it.

Sorry, but Richard Bloch determined the fair way to do it, but unfortunately your company couldn't afford it.
What's fair about a Colgan pilot hired in January 2008 now senior to a Mesaba pilot hired in 2000? Fair is hardly the word I'd use to describe the SLI or its conditions and restrictions.

Latest resources

Back