It's not gonna be JetBlue.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cbrown1

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowa...lue-wont-be-americans-dance-partner-says-ceo/

American Airlines parent*****AMR*****(AAMRQ) may emerge from bankruptcy with a new partner, but it won’t likely be*****JetBlue*****(JBLU).JetBlue CEO Dave Barger told*****Bloomberg*****that he hasn’t received a nondisclosure agreement that would be a precursor to any talks with AMR. And he doesn’t apparently want one. “We’re just not interested in participating in the consolidation path, either being acquired or in acquiring another company,” said Barger. “Independence is our plan today and it’s our path on a go-forward basis.”Both American and JetBlue stayed away from recent consolidation deals, which created the mega-airlines of*****United Continental*****(UAL) and*****Delta Airlines*****(DAL).Companies that have received non-disclosure agreements include*****US Airways*****(LCC),*****Alaska Air Group*****(ALK),*****Frontier Airlines*****and*****Virgin America, according to Bloomberg.

just when you thought you could get rid of jetblue. If AMR could somehow merge with JB, VA, and spirit, this industry in less than 5 years would be so much better to work in.

Never heard that they were interested in Alaska. That could really mess up delta on the west coast.

The problem is anyone who would stoop so low to fly for anyone else (or other equipment) for anything less than I think I'm worth. This is especially true if they didn't follow the path that I have deemed appropriate to be where I think I ought to be.

It therefore stands to reason that if I am not where I should be, or not being paid what I think I'm worth, it's obviously someone else's fault.

Last edited:
The problem is anyone who would stoop so low to fly for anyone else (or other equipment) for anything less than I think I'm worth. This is especially true if they didn't follow the path that I have deemed appropriate to be where I think I ought to be.

It therefore stands to reason that if I am not where I should be, or not being paid what I think I'm worth, it's obviously someone else's fault.

Brilliant. Where is the like button?

Best post in months.

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowa...lue-wont-be-americans-dance-partner-says-ceo/

American Airlines parent*****AMR*****(AAMRQ) may emerge from bankruptcy with a new partner, but it won’t likely be*****JetBlue*****(JBLU).JetBlue CEO Dave Barger told*****Bloomberg*****that he hasn’t received a nondisclosure agreement that would be a precursor to any talks with AMR. And he doesn’t apparently want one. “We’re just not interested in participating in the consolidation path, either being acquired or in acquiring another company,” said Barger. “Independence is our plan today and it’s our path on a go-forward basis.”Both American and JetBlue stayed away from recent consolidation deals, which created the mega-airlines of*****United Continental*****(UAL) and*****Delta Airlines*****(DAL).Companies that have received non-disclosure agreements include*****US Airways*****(LCC),*****Alaska Air Group*****(ALK),*****Frontier Airlines*****and*****Virgin America, according to Bloomberg.

Of course, I do believe Dave when he says that he doesn't want to be the future CEO of American Airlines... Always the absolute truth from a man who learned to run an airline from Frank Lorenzo.

Latest resources

Back