Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's like AT ALPA is trying to burn their undeserved lottery ticket...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear I never said I wanted your growth. Quite frankly as a combined company we will have none for a very long time as they optimize the assets they have. Gary's demand for a 15 percent ROIC is not reachable in the current climate thus no growth. I honestly don't think that there would have been much if any growth at AAI either without this aquisition given the competive landscape and AAIs corp debt but I can't prove that any more than you can prove that there would have been.
What I did say I wanted was our retirements. I think what retirements you have would have been offset by the fact that the AAI side is overstaffed by the SWA models. Add that to the upgrades that snuck in after September I'm sure whatever gain I might get on paper would be wiped out. SWA has been GROSSLY short on captains all summer. The word on the street is that they held off any further upgrades in order to assume some of the overstaffing of captains on the AAI side.
General I hate to say this but I have to agree with you. I think the AAI MEC will smack this thing down in the open meeting on Thurs. If they don't they will most likely be lynched by the angry mob in attendance. If they don't vote it down and they survive it will just be a tactic to buy time and try and get SWAPA to tip our hand before the AAI mebership votes it down. Alpa will use what they learn in our roadshows against us in the inevitable arbitration. WHEN we go to arbitration there is a likelyhood that the arbitrator come up with a solution that will cost me my upgrade and thus about a half million or so in career earnings. That upgrade based on SWA retirements and the money that goes along with it will go to an AAI guy who is already getting a heck of a boost in career earnings. I don't think its fair or equitable but it seems to be how the ball normally bounces in these things. I'm trying to get over it now so I'm not a miserable bitter dickhead for the rest of my career. I started this process with the assumption that this is how it would end. I was for awhile naive enough to believe it might end some other way but I realize now I was right at first.

See you on the other side of the Arbi
Ghetto

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back