• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It may take SEVERAL years to get rid of Airtran 717s, article states

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the contract that SWAPA has with SWA is that only SWAPA pilots get to fly SWA planes, what happens if the AT 737's are withdrawn from service and replaced with the new 700-800's(flown by SWAPA pilots) and then the old AT planes are repainted in the SWA colors - guess who gets to fly them then???? - furlough anyone!!!!!

The arbitrators might state otherwise, maybe with the original AT orders? If you go that far, they will decide what happens, and can give any award, that is binding. Maybe all new 738s go to AT pilots? Arbitrators create fences all the time. Call their bluff!

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
I skipped through the whole thread after the first few posts, but feel the need to say one thing. GL/OYS is the ABSOLUTE WORST person at playing the whole multiple screen name game. "We talked at length"? Please. Here's some advice whoever you are. 1. Retire both names 2. Start a new one. 2. Avoid multi-tasking at all cost.

Last edited:
Sasha,

Your problem is that SWA hasn't had a large merger or acquisition since the Bond/McKaskil bill was enacted, which limits what one company can do to another company's employee group. It also appears that GK might have thought, along with SWAPA, that the integration between the groups would have been easier, by maybe throwing money at the other group. Maybe ALPA knew the weakness, and exploited it? You also seem to forget easily that some of the integration in other departments is already complete, and that negotiations for the other groups may be completed soon, besides the pilot group. Then your boss and SWAPA signed the Process Agreement, which is a legal document explaining the path you MUST take. So, in otherwords, you may be F'd. Haha!

Godspeed to you!

OYS

Which other department integrations are complete?

He has no idea and just blows it out of his @ss.

The creditiblity of OYS/GL is zero, and it shows. No useful post what-so-ever. I agree with the others on here, the General used to be relevant. He used to post well thought out ideas and was interesting to debate with. Now? Complete garbage. Oh, and the OYS/GL thing? Ridiculous..same person.

RF

How is Air Mekong doing anyway? What a bad idea for you to try that, OYS

AM doing great. Thanks for "caring"!

Bad idea for trying it, don't think so. And definitely not as bad as you trying to pretend you're two different putzssssssssssssss! :rolleyes:

Which other department integrations are complete?

Marketing? How about strategic planning? You've got SWA people running AT right now I believe. All of those departments and figure heads have moved from ATL to DAL. SWAPA's timing of potentially derailing this merger is off a tad, and maybe ALPA knows that? Also, your BOD and shareholders may want this merger to continue, regardless of what you want. GK may have to listen to them. And then you'll get to possibly listen to the arbitrators. Cool!

Godspeed to the Corndogs!

OYS

AM doing great. Thanks for "caring"!

Bad idea for trying it, don't think so. And definitely not as bad as you trying to pretend you're two different putzssssssssssssss! :rolleyes:

No, sounds dumb. The good thing is it has kept you out of US airspace.

Godspeed!

OYS

I believe the contract that SWAPA has with SWA is that only SWAPA pilots get to fly SWA planes, what happens if the AT 737's are withdrawn from service and replaced with the new 700-800's(flown by SWAPA pilots) and then the old AT planes are repainted in the SWA colors - guess who gets to fly them then???? - furlough anyone!!!!!

Proving once again that Darwin missed a few lucky individuals.

I think you are talking about an endless series of lawsuits and pretty much cannibalising tha ATL hub. Which SWA paid a lot of money for and would be throwing away most of what they paid for.

I think you are talking about an endless series of lawsuits and pretty much cannibalising tha ATL hub. Which SWA paid a lot of money for and would be throwing away most of what they paid for.

Southwest will dissemble the ATL hub. They're point to point with focus cities. ATL will be a focus city.
They operate very differently than traditional hub and spoke carriers.

Latest resources

Back