• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It may take SEVERAL years to get rid of Airtran 717s, article states

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am allowed to comment on whatever topic I want. The way you are treating your future brothers will NOT just go away, and it is appearing like your situation could mirror USAir's. How's that going for them these days? And SWA has already stated that ATL will downsize crews, and since you haven't been there in awhile, 20 min or even 30 min turns will really be a challenge for you at the World's busiest airport. You can try though, and paying those current AT ground employees double what they currently make may help, but those low fares may have to increase to help pay for that. Your LCC status is in question.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Fair enough. One question: do you post as GL with your iPad and oys on the desktop,or vice versa? You must look like a deranged day trader to your significant other. I have a life outside work, and it ain't the computer. Godspeed and bye bye, see you in a few days, buddy!

Only a troll could read that article and spin it to the Airtran guys by saying don't worry, play hardball,your jobs are guaranteed safe and secure. Keep listening to OYS/General Lee......roll the dice......what could possibly go wrong?

Remember. Worst case scenario for some SWA guys...We lose some seniority.
Worst case scenario for most Air Tran guys...they lose a career.

GODSPEED!

Remember. Worst case scenario for SWA...They become the next US Airways.

OYS-Yo-Yo/JennyLeigh again, posting witin minutes of each character posting, even posting to herself and responding to herself, truly a PUTZ!

Remember. Worst case scenario for SWA...They become the next US Airways.

You mistake SWA management for the Tiltons, Ron Allens, Parkers etc. of the world. For the past 40 years SWA has had a management team that has been profitable every year, good times and bad and never had to furlough. So you think they are now all of sudden going to be as stupid as Parker? Do you think they are going to alienate 4,000 original SWA pilots in order to keep 700 or 800 Airtran pilots happy? I don't think so. Do you think they are going to risk all they have worked for by just saying"well let's just let the arbitrator run our airline, it out of our hands"? I don't think so. Unlike all the other airlines over the last 20 or 30 years, there is not a revolving door in our Executive Suite every 2 to 4 years. These guys and gals have been at SWA most of their careers and they plan on staying there. That's the difference.

OYS-Yo-Yo/JennyLeigh again, posting witin minutes of each character posting, even posting to herself and responding to herself, truly a PUTZ!

How is Air Mekong doing anyway? When are you coming back to the States with your little tail between your bowed legs? Walmart will hire you as a stockboy on Sunday nights. What a bad idea for you to try that, but maybe you met your future husband out there.

Godspeed!

OYS

SWAPA pilots only fly SWA planes another wrinkle

I believe the contract that SWAPA has with SWA is that only SWAPA pilots get to fly SWA planes, what happens if the AT 737's are withdrawn from service and replaced with the new 700-800's(flown by SWAPA pilots) and then the old AT planes are repainted in the SWA colors - guess who gets to fly them then???? - furlough anyone!!!!!

You mistake SWA management for the Tiltons, Ron Allens, Parkers etc. of the world. For the past 40 years SWA has had a management team that has been profitable every year, good times and bad and never had to furlough. So you think they are now all of sudden going to be as stupid as Parker? Do you think they are going to alienate 4,000 original SWA pilots in order to keep 700 or 800 Airtran pilots happy? I don't think so. Do you think they are going to risk all they have worked for by just saying"well let's just let the arbitrator run our airline, it out of our hands"? I don't think so. Unlike all the other airlines over the last 20 or 30 years, there is not a revolving door in our Executive Suite every 2 to 4 years. These guys and gals have been at SWA most of their careers and they plan on staying there. That's the difference.

Sasha,

Your problem is that SWA hasn't had a large merger or acquisition since the Bond/McKaskil bill was enacted, which limits what one company can do to another company's employee group. It also appears that GK might have thought, along with SWAPA, that the integration between the groups would have been easier, by maybe throwing money at the other group. Maybe ALPA knew the weakness, and exploited it? You also seem to forget easily that some of the integration in other departments is already complete, and that negotiations for the other groups may be completed soon, besides the pilot group. Then your boss and SWAPA signed the Process Agreement, which is a legal document explaining the path you MUST take. So, in otherwords, you may be F'd. Haha!

Godspeed to you!

OYS

Latest resources

Back