• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It is time! Swa/Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend at Horizon mentioned that a bunch of the people that you see all the time but nobody really knows what they actually do got pinkslipped recently.

For what its worth, a friend of mine at Skywest who has been there 20 years called me 2 weeks ago out of the blue and said they were hearing that a feeder partnership with us at SWA was basically a done deal. He said voting in ALPA would be the only deal-killer

I told him he was crazy but who knows.

Herb Kelleher was in First Class on Alaska Last week...probably going to AK to fish however.

Don't open the scope door at all. You guys have a great thing going flying all your own pax (with the exception of the ATA codeshare). We've lost over 3000 pilot positions since I joined my company 7 years ago, mainly due to RJ proliferation. Don't give another inch on scope. Once you open the door you'll never get it closed again.

If the company wants to serve smaller markets with smaller aircraft, you need to make sure it's Southwest pilots doing the flying.

Last edited:
Hey Noserider 76,

I agree 100% with your statement.

Word on the street is the announce ment is the 8th and that last week senior managers where brought in to sign non-disclosure statements about what was going on. ALso a FA's just back from annual training in DAL were told to get their passports.

Don't open the scope door at all. You guys have a great thing going flying all your own pax (with the exception of the ATA codeshare). We've lost over 3000 pilot positions since I joined my company 7 years ago, mainly due to RJ proliferation. Don't give another inch on scope. Once you open the door you'll never get it closed again.

If the company wants to serve smaller markets with smaller aircraft, you need to make sure it's Southwest pilots doing the flying.

Problem is the door is wide open already, in fact it's off the hinges sitting in the dumpster. A huge problem to solve now as I see it.

RJ

For what its worth, a friend of mine at Skywest who has been there 20 years called me 2 weeks ago out of the blue and said they were hearing that a feeder partnership with us at SWA was basically a done deal. He said voting in ALPA would be the only deal-killer

I told him he was crazy but who knows.

That rumor was going around over three years ago when I was in initial ground school. Well I guess it wasn't much of a rumor because it came directly from Jerry. HE said they were in talks with Soutwest about the feasability of RJ feed but it didn't really get very far, especially with the pilot union.

I hear that SWA is going to buy Delta just to make the general do LBB overnights. I figure spite is as good of a reason as any to buy another airline. The good news is that he won't have to take pay cuts again.

Latest resources

Back