It is time! Swa/Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roughneck

Conference call to investors on Thursday the 8th. Rumor has it Alaska has scheduled one too.

SWA is announcing "changes" to its business model that will include the begining of the new boarding process, changes to "rapid rewards" and a "new partner."

they're going with pepsi instead of coke

The Alaska guys finally get to go to some panoramic cities. Forget Juneau or Cancun, try Lubbock and Midland/Odessa. Su-wheat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I was in MDW last week and the agent told us there was going to be a big announcement on the 8th. Maybe this is why we borrowed the $500,000 in Sept...

I just got off the phone with a SWA buddy. He said that they are hearing this. I guess SWA management has asked to codeshare with RJ's. He said he heard the idea was to buy Alaska and keep the Horizon feed "as is." SWA didn't know how SWAPA would respond. He sent me this email from the SWAPA president. Conference call today.

Links volunteers,

I’ll be on vacation for the next week but Brink and I want to talk specifically about what we have agreed to in Section I with respect to scope and codesharing. We have made significant progress at the table in protecting both our work and our jobs. I’m sure you’ve heard the “RJ codeshare” rumors by now and we’ll address that very topic. You’ll be getting information from Neal Hanks about date/time for a conference call soon and I hope you can make it.

I am pleased with what we have negotiated in Section I and I think we have excellent language in place to protect us from “bad” codeshare agreements. I hope you can make the call. Thanks for your efforts.

CK

Capt. Carl Kuwitzky
President
Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association

Alaska will install RNP and autothrottles in SWA aircraft for a fee of 500m. We will agree to allow them to keep Colleen on their tails after she retires.

The last time Carl was in BWI he said the only remaining problem was the issue of scope and code share. He stated that Kell wanted a pretty free hand and the union was not willing to give him that.

Latest resources

Back