Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
turbinesurgeon said:
I was just joking

We kind of screwed things up by deleting our posts. Wannabe wasn't referring to your comments as being too harsh, he was referring to his own.

pay cuts

Remember to vote for paycuts. Without them we cant expand and open new bases in such sunny spots like FAT, HOU, and ....oh whats the point. I think this was the same line they gave us about DEN. Take a paycut or we cant go to Denver and hose all you senior folks out of a line in your base.

Tom Davies

They offered ways of reducing the pilot pay rates while not reducing our income on our W-2s with bonus programs(profit sharing). I don't understand how that would save money if we are making the same amount other than the fact that they can take away the profit sharing when they want.

-----

Companies never offer so called "profit sharing" as a way to increase pay. It is ONLY used to cut pay: "Sorry, we didn't meet the criteria for this quarter, so to maintain the programs integrity, we will not be paying bonuses"

Good luck guys. Welcome to Hell.

rgnlwannabe said:
I don't think comparing a 74 seat airplane to a 30 seat? airplane is fair. It has twice the revenue potential then the Q200. The Brasalia rate should stack up against the Q200, and that is all, IHMO. And in fact, since it has four more seats, has roughly the same block times as the RJ, and is actually larger then the RJ, the rates should be the same for the RJ and Q400.

It was supposed to be a joke. Guess you didn't get it.

I can't believe those morons in management. I see that they are trying to pit one group against the other. Why else would they post the pilot pay charts for the whole company to see.

They are saying "Look at how much these fat pilots are making, if we could get them to take a pay cut you would get more in OPR, profit share." So on and on and on.

Tell them to shove it and take a baseball bat to any one that crosses the line...It is time to bring back good old fashion violence in unionism....You can see what the results of working together gets you over here at Alaska....

"We believe a viable option is to consider additional compensation that is contingent on the Company’s success, coupled with an aligning of pay to market rates. Our compensation philosophy recognizes that employees should have an opportunity to share in the financial success of the Company. For many years, Horizon has offered upside pay potential in the form of profit sharing. More recently, the program called Operational Performance Rewards (OPR) has added further upside pay potential for all employees. "

Whatever approach we mutually agree to take, it’s clear that in order for Horizon to prosper and grow in the years to come, and thus continue to provide a livelihood for our pilots and other employees, we must provide value to Alaska Air Group as a whole and be competitive with the other regional carriers with whom we compete – both directly on routes we fly, and for codeshare business. Tied into that is our compensation philosophy for all employee groups: “Compensation levels should be competitive with levels that would be paid by other regional carriers if they operated in our relevant marketplaces.” With our combined brainpower, I’m confident we can find the best way to accomplish this. Rather than prepare a list of suggested language changes for our first meeting, we intend to share with you a more comprehensive statement of our interests, so we can engage in a discussion of the framework for a collaborative negotiation process. For instance, if we both agree to explore productivity improvements as an offset to higherthan-market wages, one of the challenges will be quantifying the economic benefit of any particular change. We will be contacting you to arrange a mutually agreeable time and place for our initial meeting, so we can begin our talks. We look forward to our teams beginning to work on solutions..

Sincerely,

Arthur E. Thomas Vice President General Counsel and Secretary
c:
Captain Larry Freer, Chairman, IBT EXCO, Horizon Air
Mr. Gene Hahn, Vice President, Flight Operations, Horizon Air
Mr. Jeff Pinneo, CEO and President, Horizon Air

Art Thomas said:
"We believe a viable option is to consider additional compensation that is contingent on the Company’s success, coupled with an aligning of pay to market rates. Our compensation philosophy recognizes that employees should have an opportunity to share in the financial success of the Company. For many years, Horizon has offered upside pay potential in the form of profit sharing. More recently, the program called Operational Performance Rewards (OPR) has added further upside pay potential for all employees. "

Whatever approach we mutually agree to take, it’s clear that in order for Horizon to prosper and grow in the years to come, and thus continue to provide a livelihood for our pilots and other employees, we must provide value to Alaska Air Group as a whole and be competitive with the other regional carriers with whom we compete – both directly on routes we fly, and for codeshare business. Tied into that is our compensation philosophy for all employee groups: “Compensation levels should be competitive with levels that would be paid by other regional carriers if they operated in our relevant marketplaces.” With our combined brainpower, I’m confident we can find the best way to accomplish this. Rather than prepare a list of suggested language changes for our first meeting, we intend to share with you a more comprehensive statement of our interests, so we can engage in a discussion of the framework for a collaborative negotiation process. For instance, if we both agree to explore productivity improvements as an offset to higherthan-market wages, one of the challenges will be quantifying the economic benefit of any particular change. We will be contacting you to arrange a mutually agreeable time and place for our initial meeting, so we can begin our talks. We look forward to our teams beginning to work on solutions..

Sincerely,

Arthur E. Thomas Vice President General Counsel and Secretary

Oh, sorry Art, were you saying something? I sort of stopped listening after the first paragraph:

Art Thomas said:
The purpose of this letter is to notify you that -- in accordance with Section 32, Duration, of the Agreement between Horizon Air Industries, Inc. (the Company) and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Covering Pilots, in effect until Sept. 13, 2006 (the Agreement) -- the Company intends to propose certain changes to the Agreement in accordance with Section 6, Title I, of the Railway Labor Act, as amended.

I really want a large pay cut with an incentive bonus if the company does well. I mean, if I agree to a $10,000 pay cut then maybe my profit sharing check will double next year to $1,000....uhhhh......hmmmmm.....plus 2.....carry the four......:beer: :beer: :beer: ......We've made money the last three years.....never mind.:nuts:

Latest resources

Back