Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain dad

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/passenger_lands_plane

FORT MYERS, Fla. – A passenger landed a [FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif]twin-engine[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif] plane[/FONT] in Florida after the pilot died in flight with a total of six people on board.
[FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif]Federal[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif] Aviation [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif]Administration[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif] officials[/FONT] say the pilot died after takeoff from an airport in Naples on Sunday. It was on autopilot and climbing toward 10,000 feet when the pilot died.
The passenger who took over is licensed for single-engine planes but isn't certified to fly the larger King Air craft.
An [FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif]air [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif]traffic [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif]controller[/FONT] helped the passenger down by calling a friend in Connecticut who knows the King Air plane and relaying instructions. The plane landed safely at Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers.
The plane had been headed to Jackson, Miss. The names of the pilot and passengers have not been released.
___
Information from: Naples Daily News, http://www.naplesnews.com

Last edited:
ummmmm....no they shouldn't. Give him a sack of money if you want, but an honorary multi license with zero training?

I was landing in Fort Myers when this was happening. Listening to the situation unfold on the radio gave us goosebumps. He did a great job and kept his composure under some incredible pressure. Big kudos to the controllers as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the pilot who died.

Yes it has... I landed the space shuttle once at Edwards after the entire crew became incapacitated from mixing Tang with freeze dried Belgium Waffles. I told them not to do it.

Good thing was I on-board.

Yeah, good thing. How was the honeymoon? I told G no favoritism from now on. Congratulations amigo. :beer:

Latest resources

Back