Israeli exit stamp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propdog

On one of my recent trips into TLV, I got an exit stamp on my passport. My next month's schedule has me going to Kuwait. Will this be a problem as a flight crew member on duty entering KWI with an Israeli stamp? Should I get a duplicate passport? How do I get a duplicate passport...just explain the situation to the passport office?

Last edited:
I think you have to submit a special form to the State Department, but there is a provision to get a second passport for that exact reason. Actually, the only way you can have two passports is if one is specifically for Israeli use.

On one of my recent trips into TLV, I got an exit stamp on my passport. My next month's schedule has me going to Kuwait. Will this be a problem as a flight crew member on duty entering KWI with an Israeli stamp? Should I get a duplicate passport? How do I get a duplicate passport...just explain the situation to the passport office?

You're not an attaché for the Mossad are you?

Last edited:
Actually, the only way you can have two passports is if one is specifically for Israeli use.

Well, that's not true.

Current regulations reflect the long standing policy of the Department of State that no person should be in possession of more than one valid, or potentially valid, passport at any one time unless under circumstances specifically authorized by the Secretary of State. The issuance of a second, concurrently valid passport should be considered an exception to the regulations, and is to be approved on an individual basis only where justified. The validity of a regular American passport is ten (10) years. The second, concurrently valid passport will be limited in validity for two (2) years. This passport is not extendable.
To apply for a second passport, the applicant will need to submit the following documents:
  • a valid regular passport;
  • a completed passport application form DS-82, available at https://pptform.state.gov/ If you experience trouble with the Passport Application Wizard, click here for Form DS-82 [PDF]. For tips on completing the DS-82 [PDF], please follow this link;
  • a completed "Statement in Support of Application for Second Passport" available at http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/forms/uk523.pdf
  • passport fee of $75. (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diner's Club and Discover credit cards are accepted - please use our credit card form);
  • a pre-paid, self-addressed Special Delivery Envelope which shows "postage and minimum fee paid". Alternatively, you can arrange for the Embassy's contracted courier service, Special Mail Services (SMS), to deliver your second passport.
  • Two new passport photographs. The photographs must:
    • be identical
    • be taken within the last six months
    • be printed on high quality photographic paper
    • be untrimmed
    • measure 2" by 2" excluding white border
    • show head size between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inch from the chin to top of the head
    • show applicant facing completely forward (head not turned)
    • be taken in normal street attire, without a hat, head covering, or dark glasses unless a signed statement is submitted by the applicant verifying the item is worn daily for religious purposes or a signed doctor's statement is submitted verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes
    • have a white or off-white background
    • be in color (black and white photographs are NOT acceptable)
The Embassy will reject any photographs that do not conform to the above standards (e.g., photo too small, head size too small or too large, not identical, out of focus, dark background). Please see the attached information on passport photographs for an example.
Following its receipt at this office, your application will be processed and a new second passport returned to you in approximately 15 workdays. We cannot respond to inquiries as to the status of your passport before 15 business days have passed.

I think they will understand that you are a pilot and that as a pilot you fly many different places......

I think they will understand that you are a pilot and that as a pilot you fly many different places......

I doubt it. Most of the countries that don't view Israel as a country WILL revoke your passport on arrival. I don't know what Kuwait's stand is, but Saudi makes NO exceptions.

I think you have to submit a special form to the State Department, but there is a provision to get a second passport for that exact reason. Actually, the only way you can have two passports is if one is specifically for Israeli use.

Wow...this is pretty far off!....:confused:

Getting a second passport is very easy, especially if you are flight crew. Its normal for pilots who do a lot of INTL work to have 2 passports...one to use while the other is out getting Visas. It has NOTHING to do with visiting Israel.

G3 visas is who we use. They can get you a second passport in about 48hrs.

http://www.g3visas.com/v2/index.html

FWIW - why did they stamp your passport? I have never heard of them doing that, they always give you a slip of paper to attatch to your passport and remove it upon departure....and NO, I wouldn't try to use an Israeli stamped passport anywhere else in the Mideast.

Even entering Israel can be tough...I have had to sit and explain why I have entries and exits from Jordan in my passport from years earlier. All were work related and she eventually warmed up to it...but still, make it as easy as possible.

Last edited:

OH MY! - NO, they definitely dont understand that at all.

Get the second passport.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back