• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Israel to Egypt???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do NOT let the Israelis stamp your passport. If you do and you go to a Arab country you may incounter some delays.

They know this.

I have never had them want to stamp a passport. They stamp a slip of paper and its removed at departure.

Also pays to take 2 passports, just in case.

That is a bad idea. I know a couple of people who have had issues because of that. Whatever you do though if you carry two passports (or more) and a Customs guy asks if you have multiple passports ensure you say yes.

I had a British co-worker (dual British/USA) taken away in cuffs at GRU a couple years ago when the Customs guy noticed his USA passport (he used his Brit passport as they don't need visas) popping out of his briefcase. He got sent out on the next flight back to the UK. Given he had lived in the US for 25yrs and maintained no UK residence he had to then hop a flight back to the US.

That is a bad idea. I know a couple of people who have had issues because of that. Whatever you do though if you carry two passports (or more) and a Customs guy asks if you have multiple passports ensure you say yes.

I had a British co-worker (dual British/USA) taken away in cuffs at GRU a couple years ago when the Customs guy noticed his USA passport (he used his Brit passport as they don't need visas) popping out of his briefcase. He got sent out on the next flight back to the UK. Given he had lived in the US for 25yrs and maintained no UK residence he had to then hop a flight back to the US.

No, it can be a good idea....sometimes?

Leave #2 on the airplane so that you have a non Israeli stamped one in case you need it much later in the trip.

No need to carry 2 off the plane through customs.

An Israeli stamped passport is not something you want if you travel the Mideast often.

I have never had a customs guy ask if I had "multiple" passports. They may ask about dual citizenship (in your buddys case) but not multiple passports.

Anyhow, mute point...I dont think Israel will stamp your passport. They know the deal. They will ask you in detail about other mideast Visas etc...so its best to use your #2 "clean" passport with few stamps!

Last edited:
not done it but have been told by several that you don't want to go isreal to eqypt direct stop in a different country,,,,,,,,,,,

That is a bad idea.

While there are exceptions to every rule, pilots flying abroad are wise to possess 2 passports - for several reasons. One reason is in the unfortunate event of one passport being lost and/or confiscated you have another. Another good reason is if you need to get a visa attached, you can still travel abroad while one passport is being processed. And of course you can be selective about which one you use. I use my secondary and hide my primary elsewhere in my bag. When I return to the US I am always queried by US Customs if I've "lost" a passport. That is their test to get me to fess up that I carry 2. They hand my passport back to me and send me on my way.

Latest resources

Back