Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Israel declares state of emergency for plane with gear problems.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VampyreGTX

State of emergency for jet landing in Israel
294 passengers aboard plane with nose wheel problem

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BREAKING NEWS[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Associated Press[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updated: 1:48 p.m. ET May 19, 2005[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JERUSALEM - A state of emergency has been declared at Israel's international airport outside Tel Aviv -- for the landing of a plane with 294 passengers on board.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Channel 10 TV reported that the plane is an Airbus arriving from Turkey, and the pilot reported a problem with the nose wheel. Ambulances and rescue teams raced to the scene in preparation for an emergency landing.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a breaking news story. Check back often for developments.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© 2005 MSNBC.com[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7912039/[/font]

Oy veh! Everbody grab your UZI's and run for the hills!

Gotta love the media! I loved the original heading, totally playing up the severity of the event... and then:

Jet's emergency landing ends safely in Israel
Plane with 294 passengers had nose wheel problem

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Associated Press[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updated: 1:57 p.m. ET May 19, 2005[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JERUSALEM - A Turkish plane that reportedly was having mechanical trouble made a safe emergency landing in Tel Aviv on Thursday.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Earlier news of the troubled plane prompted Israel to put its international airport outside Tel Aviv on emergency footing. Ambulances and rescue teams raced to the scene in preparation.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The plane, an Airbus arriving from Turkey had 294 passengers on board. The pilot had reported trouble with the plane's nose wheel.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7912039/[/font]

Oh, it was a Turkish plane, never mind.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I just love how they blew this totally out of proportion. You can't even find a reference to this incident on the MSNBC front page anymore! Less than 1 hour after this "state of emergency!" Guess since it was a safe landing and no one died, it's not news anymore.

avbug said:

avbug, are you saying I violated the copyright? Sorry, I didn't. Posting it here is exempt from copyright rules in this case under the fair use exception. I made no profit, it's from a free site so I'm not allowing people to bypass registering at MSNBC and it's not damaging any commercial nature of the story (there is none.) I also gave full credit to the original author and location of the story. Therefore, I can post it here, especially to use to further my discussion of them totally overreacting to the incident and then, once nothing 'newsworthy' happened during landing, they remove it from the front page.

Now back to the topic....

Latest resources

Back