Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Israel declares state of emergency for plane with gear problems.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VampyreGTX said:
avbug, are you saying I violated the copyright? Sorry, I didn't. Posting it here is exempt from copyright rules in this case under the fair use exception. I made no profit, it's from a free site so I'm not allowing people to bypass registering at MSNBC and it's not damaging any commercial nature of the story (there is none.) I also gave full credit to the original author and location of the story. Therefore, I can post it here, especially to use to further my discussion of them totally overreacting to the incident and then, once nothing 'newsworthy' happened during landing, they remove it from the front page.

Now back to the topic....

VampyreGTX...don't worry about it..there is always one know-it-all smarta**in every forum.

Spottswoode: "Remember, there is no "I" in "Team America"."

Intelligence: [pause] "Yes there is."

VampyreGTX said:
I just love how they blew this totally out of proportion. You can't even find a reference to this incident on the MSNBC front page anymore! Less than 1 hour after this "state of emergency!" Guess since it was a safe landing and no one died, it's not news anymore.
I think that's the way it's supposed to be, isn't it.

I sure wouldn't want it to go the way of the "disappearing" bride who was found in New Mexico safe, and then the media played on it for more than a week.

Which way would you want it? To end news coverage when the emergency was over, or continue to make headlines over a non event for days or weeks?

Makesheepnervus said:
Speaking of Team America;
Does anyone know when that movie is coming out on DVD?
yea, this past tuesday.

jarhead said:
I think that's the way it's supposed to be, isn't it.

I sure wouldn't want it to go the way of the "disappearing" bride who was found in New Mexico safe, and then the media played on it for more than a week.

Which way would you want it? To end news coverage when the emergency was over, or continue to make headlines over a non event for days or weeks?

Oh yeah, I don'd disagree that that was a little overdone on the coverage... but in this case, the way the headlines were worded, etc. it's almost like MSNBC wanted to make sure they would be the first to break the story if the plane crashed and people died.

avbug, are you saying I violated the copyright? Sorry, I didn't. Posting it here is exempt from copyright rules in this case under the fair use exception. I made no profit, it's from a free site so I'm not allowing people to bypass registering at MSNBC and it's not damaging any commercial nature of the story (there is none.) I also gave full credit to the original author and location of the story. Therefore, I can post it here, especially to use to further my discussion of them totally overreacting to the incident and then, once nothing 'newsworthy' happened during landing, they remove it from the front page.

I said no such thing. You did post in big letters a statement from the source from whence you copied the material, stating that "This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed." I copied that verbatim, along with the two listed copyrights, and made no further observations or judgement on the matter.

But thanks for playing.

Puhlleeezzzeee.. A crappy old Fly Air A300 with gear problems and the media claims "the world is coming to an end".. folks we created our own enemy , and it's us..

Latest resources

Back