ISLAND AIR the next CC AIR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jenga said:
I'm not privy to any insider info. I'm reffering to what's been happenning the last couple of months with regard to our fleet. I dunno, it could be tied to this Mesa deal,....or not.

PM me what you got Jenga. I will get it into the proper peoples hands.

jenga said:
Please expand on "Screwed..."

SCREWED EXPANSION FOLLOWING...

It goes a little something like this... First mesa buys you and puts out a few press releases about "great expansion" etc etc... Easily brainwashed guys like synchoff post about how "this is the best thing for _______ airline"
http://www.purchasing.com/article/CA148648.html

Next thing to happen is Mesa begins to immediately force you to trash your contract to be more "competitive" and your pilot group resists...
http://cf.alpa.org/internet/news/2002news/nr02027.html

Finally you and your pilot group caves to Mesa's demands... You are now finally ready to be used against other airlines to "greatly expand" JGO's & Mike Lot'z pockets. You are defeated... The Mesa Monster keeps growing. These days, you either quit aviation and go do something else or you join the monster.
http://cf.alpa.org/internet/news/2002news/nr02032.html

Mickey Bowman, the just revealed vice president of scheduling and planning at mesa's "yet to be announced" Hawaii airline is one of the zombies left over from CCAir. CCair used to be a dash8 operator in Charlotte.

CCAir is not the only airline this has happened to, on the contrary, go to www.mesa-air.com/historydateline.html and youy can count for yourself how many airlines Mesa has made these "offers you cant refuse" to...

synchoff said:
I think you'd be LUCKY if Island Air was bought out by Mesa

SEE! just like I said!

I am sure the WP pilots are just thrilled you will be saving them from themselves.

And Jenga... My source is right from the middle of the entire drama. It is confidential but if the rest of you all dont believe me I DONT CARE!

Kevski said:
Willis can afford a fare war

Not according to DOT financials they filed earlier this year before abandoning plans to upgrade to larger aircraft. JO is coming with a $142M war chest. Garavane has squat in reserves and no idea of wat to do. It's going to be a slaughter.

islandhopper said:
SCREWED EXPANSION FOLLOWING...

... Easily brainwashed guys like synchoff post about how "this is the best thing for _______ airline"

ROLF :)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Turn on the brainwash rays, baby! I need to be told again why my flying in the islands for Mesa is a bad thing (for me . . . cuz frankly, I DON'T care about you . . . NOR YOU for any Mesa pilot, that's for darned sure).

RTFQ next time. I said it would be better than the alternative of them going out of business in the face of Mesa competition. But we're won't be competing on 100% same routes anyway, so even that's not inevitable.

Again, this ain't gonna happen. It's Mesa Airlines with CRJ 900's. 737's if DW ever gives relief (NEVER GONNA HAPPEN) End of story.

Last edited:
You know synchoff, it is so tempting to brag, but it gets you nowhere. I spent the afternoon with JD, both Aloha and Mesa' MEC attorney. It's amazing how much JO has told him (bragging) too!

LITTLE Aloha is going to (once again) set the tone for the airline industry. Watch Aloha this week. It won't be perfect for our pilots, (I wish it were) but we will show you how to deal with scum like JO. Dont buy mesa's lies. He is using pilots like you. Join the rebellion.

synchoff said:
ROLF :)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Turn on the brainwash rays, baby! I need to be told again why my flying in the islands for Mesa is a bad thing (for me . . . cuz frankly, I DON'T care about you . . . NOR YOU for any Mesa pilot, that's for darned sure).

RTFQ next time. I said it would be better than the alternative of them going out of business in the face of Mesa competition. But we're won't be competing on 100% same routes anyway, so even that's not inevitable.

Again, this ain't gonna happen. It's Mesa Airlines with CRJ 900's. 737's if DW ever gives relief (NEVER GONNA HAPPEN) End of story.

islandhopper said:
I spent the afternoon with JD, both Aloha and Mesa' MEC attorney. It's amazing how much JO has told him (bragging) too!
Care to expand on anything here "off the record"?

Latest resources

Back