Island Air poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jenga

:cool: Any IA poolies out there heard anything lately about upcoming classes, interviews, or hiring in general? Anything? Im coming up on a year in the pool next month; cant wait to get out and into a class.

one year? I hear there are 30 in the pool but I also hear they dont take from the pool in any order. Where are you working at now?

Islandhopper:

Yep, 1 year. IA is my #1 choice, so I will wait it out at my current job until I get on there.

Yeah, my guess is there is anywhere from 25-50 ppl in the pool. Who knows. I agree; I'm pretty sure that IA pulls people from the pool according to their needs at the time, not according to any pool "seniority".

I am working for a jet charter company smack dab in the middle of the mainland.

P.S. I like the mach 7-7 in your profile:D , I forgot about those 7-7's

Waiting a year is a long time, but if I was in your shoes, I would wait too. I have been waiting for 6 months at another regional, and was let go from my previous job. I did get a new part 135 job in the meantime. I personally would love to fly for Island Air. Probably one of my top pics. I could live in Hawaii for a long, long, time no problem. I used to work with a lot of guys from Hawaii. In fact, a guy I worked with, his uncle was the CEO for Island Air a while back. He is retired now. I used to go once a year over there. I have a small, old but decent time-share in Kauai. The next trip I make will be Maui, or the big island. I think you're making the right move to wait it out.

theres a class on Sep 6 or 8, anyone in it? Good luck, make sure you update your resume with Nikki. Outta site...outta mind.

Ron

Island Air and Hawaiian

I heard Hawaiian and Island Air have a flow through agreement?
Is this true, if so how come Aloha Airlines does not have an agreement with Island Air? I would think they would have one since Island Air has the same logo and colors. Why Hawaiian?
Anyone out there can explain this?:eek:

I think the reason Island Air doesn't have a flow through to Aloha is because they don't need one. Seems to me pretty much every captain that wants to go from Island Air to Aloha can when Aloha is hiring. As for Hawaiian I don't think that is much of a concern since most guys I know hired within the last 4 years are just wondering if they will have a job come 2004. That is obvious since 3 Hawaiian guys came back to Island Air.

P.S. the reason Aloha and Island Air have the same colors is that they are both owned by Aloha Air Group. Island Air is Aloha's sister company.

Flow-through with Hawaiian? Naw... the three guys that came back are former Island Air pilots that were hired back.

As for flow-through with Aloha, I think it'd be a good deal.. but the rumor has it that it's not gonna happen due to some "undesirables" at Island Air.

Nalo boy,

Thanks for the info.

I've been in the pool a year and a quarter, update my resume very frequently (and recently in person-now that I live here(commuting from mainland)) and have been passed over 4 classes (including the August HAL recurrent deal and the new Sept. 8th class)since being hired into the pool June, 2002. Maybe I'll get an offer if there's any no-shows or cxlations. I'm losing hope of ever getting a class date though, as there is [obviously] no order to the pool. Anyone else get the Sept. class?

Latest resources

Back