Island Air poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well hear is some info from a very good soarce:

Apparently Aloha has said they don't want to pay for the training that is going to happen. So there has been some talk of maybe pushing the Mar 1 startup date back to the end of Mar. That would give time in Mar to train the station people after the close of the sale.No decision has been made yet.
(this makes no sense to me, WTF...did they think they would not have to spend any money to pay for training any setting up stations)

So, I guess the Willis family has gotten their first taste of the airline biz. They will have to pony up some money for their new airline if they want to stay on schedule. Should be intereting to see the next move.

As to the info posted above: my friend who has an interview said they told him in the phone interview he would be a CA after 30 days in the right seat. He is furloughed from a major (not HA).

well, that makes sense... why would you want to pay for the expansion costs for someone else's airline? willis wants to buy it and expand it, they should pay for the expansion. otherwise that'd be like buying a house or a car and having the seller remodel it for you for free before you closed on it.

you get what is for sale when you pay for it, you dont get to throw extra stuff in the shopping bags after all your groceries have been rung up.

dash8driver said:

you get what is for sale when you pay for it, you dont get to throw extra stuff in the shopping bags after all your groceries have been rung up.

Unless it's the store owner who's buying the groceries...hmmmmm.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back