Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a word...

hudsonhawk said:
Do you guys think that Island Air's routes would get boring after a while?
In a word YES

I've been in the pool for the last 6 months, and I have faithfully dropped by HR to update my Resume. I was just wondering, who chooses the pilots who will be in the next class? Should I sent my Resume directly to the Chief Pilot? ANy word of another class? I've got buddies who are getting interviewed next week.
Good luck to everybody!

IA interview gouges...

I had interview..but I promised that I will not disclose any interview process. They asked me to do so..
Just study hard..those previous gouges @ aviationinterview.com was pretty accurate.

Island Air stability

So, I'm gonna be flying in Hawaii, and so now I have my sights set on Island Air, or maybe Hawaiian or Aloha. What's it look like for Island Air going forward, baring any unforseen terrorist attacks, or economic slumps, does it look like they'll be around for a while?

sb

jmt said:
I've been in the pool for the last 6 months, and I have faithfully dropped by HR to update my Resume. I was just wondering, who chooses the pilots who will be in the next class? Should I sent my Resume directly to the Chief Pilot? ANy word of another class? I've got buddies who are getting interviewed next week.
Good luck to everybody!
They pick from the pool what they feel they need at the time. i.e. March class didn't have anyone in it that didn't have turbine time already, several had 121 experience or military, all had at least 135 turbine experience. They know they are going to be desperate for captains here shortly if all their plans come to fruition. Right now they have CA minimums of 3000tt and 1000multi or 2500tt and 500 DHC-8 time, doesn't sound like much but a line holder at island air probably flys 50-60 hours a month so you are looking at being an FO for probably 2 years based on your tt of 1700 you stated in your profile. This may change as we add longer routes (i.e. HNL-ITO, ITO-LIH) but the bulk of your flying is still going to be :20 minutes at a time going from HNL-MKK or LNY and back. The union is pushing hard for the minimums to be lowered but they actually just raised them and they thus far have been able to fill the CA seats, I doubt they'll go back down anytime soon.

good luck

Later

Latest resources

Back